lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2022, 06:18 PM   #51
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Time to build the 94 CC DS :)

Just to update this thread, the pedal is what faltered... it had the 0-5v when you depressed it but it didn't put out the 48 volts to the solenoid... see my other post SW202 solenoid for that last test ride, it was fun and i'm not even bleeding :)
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2022, 06:24 PM   #52
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Allrighty another update :)

Without touching the controller it went 21-22 pretty consistently... flat Florida ground...

Plugged the usb cable into the controller and tried to do a software update but it wont do it, it's at v1.4

Is that the latest ? I spent a short time trying to find the latest but nada...

The only change I made in the controller was to go from a speed map to a torque map.

This got me to 25 with the stock rear end gears and 20" tires. Not bad.

Also did a slightly better wheelie going up the drive, carried it a few inches off the ground for a good 6-8 ft :)

Still on the stock motor...

Started to re-install the front body work but it's heavy and starting to crack at the mounting points.... hhhmmmm..... thinking new/lighter front end...

decisions, decisions...

Have a good night :)
Old 08-05-2022, 11:45 AM   #53
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

New Update :) Was perusing FB Marketplace.... came across a set of new takeoff wheel/tires 23".... hhhmmm, cheap money... I'm In!

Just put them on and it pulls nicely to 20mph then starts to peter out... will eventually make 27.5

Not too bad.... I think I hit the max of the stock motor. Not bad for an Original 94 36v club car ds motor... ?

The rears do rub a little on corners... but I took a look and the inner fender is what's rubbing... hmmmm, there are 3 attachment points. Front, center and rear. The rear mount doesn't seem to be used. It looks like if I take out the center and slide the inner fender up so the rear is in between the frame rails versus underneath I should have clearance.... a project for another time.... will report back :)
Old 08-05-2022, 11:58 AM   #54
phins2rt
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmotoguzzi00 View Post
New Update :) Was perusing FB Marketplace.... came across a set of new takeoff wheel/tires 23".... hhhmmm, cheap money... I'm In!
Just curious, was the seller upgrading to something else or going back to a more stock look? Great find!
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:12 AM   #55
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hi Phins2rt, that's a fair question :)

The Custom front end that was on cart when I got it years ago doesn't fit after the Jakes 4" lift was installed... besides lifting it also moves the front wheel forward 3-4 inches...

I really didn't want to cut it up so I found a stock front end instead....
Old 08-07-2022, 07:18 AM   #56
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Oh and rotating the inner fender wells worked.... There are actually 4 attachment points. rearward attachment was not being used.... I removed the wheels then removed the 2 center bolts on the inner well and rotated it so the rear attachment point was in between the I-beams of the frame versus below the lower I-beam and drilled a new hole. No more rubbing yeah :)
Old 09-12-2022, 11:50 AM   #57
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by phins2rt View Post
Just curious, was the seller upgrading to something else or going back to a more stock look? Great find!
Just saw this, was a dealer "take off" on a new cart, guy didn't like the rims...works for me :)

Although I did just discover one of the tires has a manufacturing defect... it leaks very slowly on 2 of the treads....

debating on how to fix... empty it of air then jam some superglue in the tiny holes ? maybe use the car tire repair kit glue and put some in there ?
Old 09-15-2022, 02:51 PM   #58
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

ok the new Plum Quick Rattler motor came in today. Shocks of all shocks it went in pretty smoothly... when does that ever happen ?

Ok so I watched a few video's on people who have swapped motors and learned a couple of little tricks...

Ratchet strap the old motor for safety so it doesn't just fallout....

Ratchet strap the new motor as well so your not holding the weight while you wrestle it in :)

Final verdict, to be honest doesn't seem any quicker but it sure is a lot faster...

27.5 is know 36.2 on the gps speedo... Probably gonna look at the controller to see if i can slow it down a little, maybe see if i can extract more torque....

All in all pretty happy with it :)
Old 09-17-2022, 07:36 AM   #59
Buttapollock1010
Getting Wild

Club Car

Nice; congratulations
Buttapollock1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 06:52 AM   #60
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Seems it needed some break in miles, It's gotten quicker and more torque as I put miles on it... same top speed.... I'm happy :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car