lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #21
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: costco 36V battery / vs / trojan / exide. ???

They take about a month of daily driving and recharging to come up to their full potential.
Break them in properly, recharge after 15 minutes or more of peddle time, use only distilled water and I think you will be happy for many years.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #22
ZZTOP
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How many mile do you get on one charge, with the S-C batteries??
ZZTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #23
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Doug pm sent
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #24
Mr_TeeBird
Not Yet Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Still waiting to find out how far a charge will last - only had time for a quick trip around the block this weekend. I'll post my results once I have better info in a month or so. I was just thrilled to have fresh batteries with a Jan-2010 sticker on them - right out of the oven :)
Mr_TeeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:03 PM   #25
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Why is everyone so in love with Trojan? They are not the same battery they used to be. Their quality has gone down hill in the past years and there are better for your money. If you want the best look at the Crown batteries. Club Car recently abandoned Trojan and went to Crown for all their carts because the Trojan's were not the quality they expect. Also the problems they were having with the Precedents running 4 - 12 volt batteries turned out to be a problem with the Trojan batteries. Put your money where you must, but the Crown's are the current king of golf cart batteries.
impalass88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:41 PM   #26
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Not denying that Trojan's have slipped a little and others may have caught up and passed them but my guess as to why Club Car changed battery suppliers was for money, lead time, payment terms and/or other reasons.
Here is a quote from Crown's website:
Quote:
Club Car, one of the world’s top golf car manufacturers, depends on Crown Battery's rapid manufacturing response and efficient delivery. Explains John Connell, Vice President - SLI Products Group, “Crown's SLI Group capitalized on this opportunity with its high-performance batteries. Crown deep cycle batteries deliver many advantages that are unmatched in competitive terms.
Labor costs and EPA costs lower in OH than CA. Freight costs are lower to GA from OH than from CA. Without the mention of performance, this usually means they bought the business.
Some Sam's Club batteries are made by Crown. Depending on location Johnson Controls gets their batteries from Mexico or Crown.
Here is an email received by one member on another forum I deal with Wind-Sun.com:
Quote:
here is what johnson control wrote back:

"Sam's Club is supplied by either JCI's product made in Mexico or else CrownBattery. We purchase the Crown Battery and supply it to Sam's Club. The specs for both batteries will be the same. 220Ah at the 20 hour rate and 105 minutes at the 75 amp rate. "
Old 02-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #27
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Interesting stuff....Thanks dougmcp!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 10:29 PM   #28
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalass88 View Post
Interesting stuff....Thanks dougmcp!!!
No sweat. This whole battery deal is really hard to stay ahead of, what's true one week can change the next. Hardly anyone makes batteries, Sam's, Costco, Autozone, Johnson Controls, Sears et al all purchase batteries from suppliers based on their own criteria and it doesn't remain constant from year to year as contracts change. I think there are only a handful of manufacturers of quantity in the US, the big guys like Trojan, Exide, Crown, Interstate make them for everyone. I can't remember where Varta stands in the mix but you get the idea.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #29
impalass88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
No sweat. This whole battery deal is really hard to stay ahead of, what's true one week can change the next. Hardly anyone makes batteries, Sam's, Costco, Autozone, Johnson Controls, Sears et al all purchase batteries from suppliers based on their own criteria and it doesn't remain constant from year to year as contracts change. I think there are only a handful of manufacturers of quantity in the US, the big guys like Trojan, Exide, Crown, Interstate make them for everyone. I can't remember where Varta stands in the mix but you get the idea.
Kinda gets confusing!?!?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #30
goose2
Not Yet Wild

O yes, lets not forget about the warranty each battery manufacture has. My cart currently has Trojans in it but when the time comes to get new ones I will be getting interstate because my buddy sales them and for the most part will always be warrantied. Besides that I am not sure they are not better than most talked about here.
goose2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good to use or no!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car