lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2020, 06:23 PM   #1
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

Default Decal removal

Good afternoon everyone! I’m a bit new to the golf cart game, and am going to paint my Tomberlin Emerge - well, Plastidip it (no derogatory comments please- I’m not skilled in the art of painting and Plastidip looks easier!). I have removed all the stickers and badges from my cart, but there are a few reflective stickers near the head and tail lights that I cannot remove. I have tried a heat gun to soften the glue and scraped, but these things only come off in teeny tiny scraps. What do you recommend for getting these off? Is there a secret to these things, or should I just paint over them? thanks!
Miznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2020, 06:40 AM   #2
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Decal removal

back in the day to get rid of unwanted bumper stickers on the truck that wouldn't come off my Dad taught me to use Old Spice aftershave apply liberally with sponge it softens the glue and then they would peel right off. Good old Dad found a way to use the Old Spice he got every christmas.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:46 AM   #3
mfinnegan
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miznitch View Post
Good afternoon everyone! I’m a bit new to the golf cart game, and am going to paint my Tomberlin Emerge - well, Plastidip it (no derogatory comments please- I’m not skilled in the art of painting and Plastidip looks easier!). I have removed all the stickers and badges from my cart, but there are a few reflective stickers near the head and tail lights that I cannot remove. I have tried a heat gun to soften the glue and scraped, but these things only come off in teeny tiny scraps. What do you recommend for getting these off? Is there a secret to these things, or should I just paint over them? thanks!
I've used a heat gun to get the area like REALLY hot, not warm, and a fresh razor blade. Every chunk use a new blade.

You could also try scoring the stickers with a blade A LOT and cover liberally with Goof Off so it penetrates.

good luck!
mfinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:17 AM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

WD-40...works for cleaning hands too.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

I used 3m decal remover spray from Napa to remove stripes from an ex-cop car worked pretty well.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 08:49 PM   #6
mlj427
Gone Wild

Decal remover wheel. I have never used one but have seen videos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9CEB7D58-49CB-4FEA-B55A-E2AB8654EE37.jpg (88.0 KB, 0 views)
mlj427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:38 AM   #7
Miznitch
Not Yet Wild

Thank you so much everyone- I ended up using a hair dryer on high- took a LONG time! Then a bottle of Goo Gone and an hour of vigorous rubbing with a towel... those things were like the security stickers on computers- if you try to remove them, they come off in tiny pieces and leave so much residue. All good- it is finally done!
Miznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint