lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2022, 10:46 AM   #11
phins2rt
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2010 Precedent EcoBattery Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas@Eco Battery View Post
As jws2010CC stated, most customers notice an increase in acceleration and the ability climb hills without drastically slowing down. We get this reaction a lot after installing one of our batteries. I often get customers that are happy with their top speed but are looking for more power to climb hills. The lithium doesn't seem to "power out" like their lead acid pack did so it's a win for everyone.
That is pretty much what I am hoping for. I have your 105ah kit that I am in process of installing.
phins2rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #12
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hey JWS, I have a 2010 Precedent too. Mine has the excell controller. What did you do about the regen braking? Does that pose a problem?
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 02:27 PM   #13
jws2010CC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey 55! I replied to your other message as well. My regen braking is still functional after my upgrade. I have the stock Curtis 1515 controller set to Speed Code 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jws2010CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 02:55 PM   #14
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the reply. I've read so much about having the correct charger algorithm for the lithiums, it made me wonder about that voltage surging back into them. Just a thought.
Old 07-20-2022, 03:49 PM   #15
jws2010CC
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

That’s one of the reasons I chose EcoBattery. I didn’t have to worry about configuring mixed equipment. They have a branded charger for their kit. I got my kit from Palmetto Battery Pros in Charleston. Cory was awesome to work with and had everything I needed to make a smooth transition. Charger, reducer and charging receptacle, etc. It is a bigger expense upfront but it beats checking water and replacing FLA batteries every 5-6 years. I live in upstate SC by the way. I’m just a DIY’r, but will try to answer any questions you have if I’m able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jws2010CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:21 PM   #16
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

The Eco Battery can handle 100 amps continuous regen. I have mine set at 50 amps regen and it slows perfectly from top speed without brakes.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:33 PM   #17
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think what 55BigBlock is referring to is charging via regen braking, not via a dedicated charger as that does not conform to lithium’s charging algorithm.

Regen braking (charging) is fine with lithium batteries as it’s only for limited periods. If there’s a problem the BMS will intervene and disconnect the battery.

Regular recharging via non specific chargers is where the problem lies with lithium.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:36 PM   #18
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Regen can be an issue when the battery is fully charged. I don't worry about it with my carts because I don't charge to 100% and I don't drive on long hills. Some carts rely on regen to slow down when the brake is pushed. (EzGo RXV for example) This can be a problem with a fully charged battery.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 04:57 AM   #19
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I think what 55BigBlock is referring to is charging via regen braking, not via a dedicated charger as that does not conform to lithium’s charging algorithm.

Regen braking (charging) is fine with lithium batteries as it’s only for limited periods. If there’s a problem the BMS will intervene and disconnect the battery.

Regular recharging via non specific chargers is where the problem lies with lithium.

Cheers
Pat.
That's what I was referring to. Regen braking comes into play quite a bit while cruising around my neighborhood
Old 07-21-2022, 03:03 PM   #20
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

The charging via regen braking is what I was referring to also. The EB can handle 100 amps continuous regen charging. I know that is what is giving me 40 mile ranges with my 72Ah.

You may never need to plug the charger in again.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car