lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Angry Rear end G14

Ok my project cart really hit a brick wall. Got the 250sx three wheeler motor mounted in the cart and got everything running good. The problem lies in the stock rear end of the g14 I am not sure how it really works and don`t know why the cart won't go. I added some pics to show you guys what I have done and maybe someone can give me some advice on what to do and why this thing is a turtle. Also the lever on top of the rear what is this, what is it for any help would be awesome...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0166.jpg (63.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0167.jpg (96.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0168.jpg (98.7 KB, 39 views)
pineypowerwpww is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Rear end G14

Ok it is not going to work with that pulley you have on the motor and the belt you are trying to use.

? that pulley that you have on the motor, is that where the driveshaft bolted to?

and the only way that I see your set up maybe working is you need the clutch off your old motor, on your new motor, so the two clutches can work together, just my 2 cent..

And that arm on top of the rear end is your governor

but lets see what others have to say
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Wow! I'm scared to death of this thing.
Do yourself a favor and take a look through the Big Block section. You need to get a clutch on that thing, you need a real belt.
Do a google search on CVT transmissions to see how they work.
This thing is not a lawn mower that you can run on a pully and a random belt.

Sorry man, I dont mean to sound condesending, but based on what you've got rigged in these pics, you need more information than I can possibly give you in one post.

How do you have the engine mounted in there?
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I understand that their is a clutch on the original motor. The motor that I'm using is off a 250sx that has a transmission in it. What I'm thing to figure out is how exactly the rear end works does that pully move back and forth ?? Or is it stationary?? Also what is the govener for ?? I mean the motor spins good why won't it displace to the rear end ??
Old 11-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Where'd you get that belt? And what is it's original intended purpose??
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

you don't need the gov.on your set up. the rear end has a shaft that moves from f-n-r. select forward. does your motor have a clutch built in? if not you will need to run a golf cart type pulley on the motor. if you do you should change your pullys to gears-front and back. as ess said have this moved to the big block forum or at least spend a few hours surfing there. you will learn alot. good luck
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Your belt is way down in the driven clutch, that is like starting in high gear watch these vids and you will see the clutches opening(getting wider) as the other clutch closes(gets narrower).

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Do not stand in line with the clutches when the engine is running!!!!
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes the motor has a centrifugal clutch. The belt and pulley on the motor were just laying around the shop so I figured that I could make do with them to see if this project was even going to work. I have the rear end in forward. I`m just a little confused why I Can`t make the wheels spin remotely faster than a mile an hour (exzatration)
Old 11-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
pineypowerwpww
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

so If i was to use the clutch off the motor that belongs on it would make more sence
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha