lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
biggun
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart not getting gas. help in Houston

I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel lines and soaked the carb. It will not pump fuel. I was able to hook it up to a different tank and get it to run off of gravity but when I hook it back up to my tank it quits pumping. Can anyone recommend someone who works on the carts in Houston or offer any advice.

THanks

Biggun
biggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Cart not getting gas. help in Houston

hey biggun,
welcome to bgw....
a little more info would be nice......like what is it your working on???
ds or president or carryall.......a year model would also be cool.....
have you check the return line for vacuum???
its the hose that runs from the fuel pump back into the engine crank case.
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
hittman290
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

How low is your fuel in the tank? Cap on tight?
hittman290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Is the fuel supply tube inside the tank still connected?
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #5
biggun
Not Yet Wild

THanks for the welcome and help!!

It is an 01 pioneer 1200. I added fuel it is about half full. THe cart wouldnt crank one day and it sat for awhile. So I took apart carb and cleaned it, took out the gas tank and cleaned it, replaced the fuel pump, lines and filters. As far as the vacuum I havent tested it but when I put a different tank on it gravity allows the gas to flow and I can see it pumping. I thought this fixed my problem but as soon as i hookup my tank it dies. Yes the stick is the tank and it is free and clear. I am stumped.

THanks in advance

Biggun
biggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
hittman290
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry to let you hang, got malware cyber shopping, spent 8hrs with dell. ANY TIME YOU SCREW WITH A LINE OR TANK OR CARB, IF ITS BEEN AWILE. CHAGE THE INES. LAST YEAR I COULDNT BELIEVE ALL THE JUNK INSIDE THE FUEL PUMP, IN ONLY A FEW WEEKS... GAS GOT LOW. Also MAKE SURE THE LITTLE DIME SIZED VENT ON THE SIDE OF THE PUMP IS CLEAN... GAS LINES IF OLDER START TO FLAKE. LAST YEAR I BOUGHT A new Fuel Pump ON THE NET AND IT HAD NO DIAPHRAM INSDE... TOOK A WEEK TO FIND THAT. also, THE DIAPHRAM INSIDE CAN RIP OR FAIL. ... AS FOR THE CARB, THE BOWL SHOULD ALSWYS BE MARED as it sits WITH THE CARB BY DRAWING A LINE ACROSS THEM WITH A SHARPIE before taking it off, as tHE BOWL HAS TO SIT IN JUST THe RIGHT POSISTION against the walls of the bowl TO HOLD THE PIN ON THE FLOAT FROM SLIPPING OUT. if YOU HAVE BIG TIRES, I TAKE AN AHL AND MAKE A SMALL DIVIT NEXT TO THE PIN'S insertion HOLE TO KEEP IT FROM SLIDING out and flooding the carb or worse yet the oil.. aS FOR VACuUM FROM THE ENGINE, TAKE THE LINE OFF AND PUT YOUR FINGER Over IT WHEN SOMEONE CRANKS THE CART, but while in neutral OR SEVICE MODE. that's ABOUT ALL I CAN THINK OF EXCEPT THOSE LINES DETERIORATE A LOT QUICKER THAN YOU'D THINK. tHE BOWL, THE PUMP CAN ALL HAVE SEDIMENT in a one attempt to start... all lessons learned... good luck, Hittman
hittman290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car