lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
weracemx
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 gas club car help

first off thanks guys for all your help over the years !!!!!

now on to the problem ,
i have a 96 gas club car that is lifted and has big tires on it .the problem is all of a sudden it does not like to climb any type of hill and the motor starts to bog down
if this was a yamaha this would be easy ...lol but this is my first club car so need some help.
here is what i have done already first made sure the engine was good checked compression and its 165 so that is not perfect but should run well and it does .
next checked the belt borrowed a brand new belt and check the old one aginst the new one with a mic and that was ok ...put the new belt on same problem

so now i am at the clutches drive clutch or primary clutch moves in and out by hand .
driven clutch or secondary clutch has a power spring on it already and seems to operate correctly when i put the cart in service mode and run the cart in nuetral both belts move in and out like they should .....so what do i do is there something with the clutches i am not seeing like worn parts inside ???
thank you again for all of your help
weracemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #2
Dogmike
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 96 gas club car help

I wish I new the answer, I have a 96 CC that does the same. I think something with my clutch may need rebuilt. Haven't dove into that yet.
Dogmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #3
weracemx
Not Yet Wild

nobody?
weracemx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:57 PM   #4
Jer bear
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Mine is not too strong on a hill either, I'd also like to hear some opinions. Also, you mentioned "service mode", what is that?
Jer bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car