lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2021, 12:02 PM   #1
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Cart going REALLY slow

I have a 1984 club car ds with the 5 solenoids and just a simple 5 micro speed box. I checked my batteries and each show 6.5 voltage so I am wondering. Could the motor just be going? All 5 solenoids seem to be clicking. It's just my top speed went front 14 15 to now 10 11, maybe 12. Also when I stop the gas it takes forever to get going, a slow crawl. What do you guys think? Is the motor finally going or are the batteries going. They are just over a year and 1/2 old and they are powertron if it matters.
LEMANSZ20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2021, 03:42 PM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: Cart going REALLY slow

What's your pack voltage after fully charging it and letting it sit for 12 hours?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:50 PM   #3
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
What's your pack voltage after fully charging it and letting it sit for 12 hours?
How do I tell that? I checked each battery after a full night of charging and they all checked in at 6.5
Old 02-22-2021, 08:43 AM   #4
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Pack voltage is the whole pack, ALL the batteries as one.

Individual voltage is what you measured.
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:20 AM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

As said, and maybe it wasn’t completely clear. Charge the cart all the was. Disconnect the charger and let it sit for 12 hours. Then check the voltage from the negative wire going to the drive system and the positive wire going to the drive system. These are the main pack + and -. Should be 38 volts or higher.

Leave the test leads connected to those same terminals and set the meter on the dash. If you don’t have alligator clips you can Zip tie the probes to the terminals. Take it for a drive and tell us how far the voltage drops when you load them up. Off a fresh charge like that it really shouldn’t drop below around 36v at first. If it drops too much it could indicate a connection problem or a bad battery.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:48 AM   #6
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also i should note that I had to change the the micro switches and this happened after that. I bought some off of Amazon but I'm thinking maybe I have to buy specific micro switches?
Old 02-24-2021, 03:21 PM   #7
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
As said, and maybe it wasn’t completely clear. Charge the cart all the was. Disconnect the charger and let it sit for 12 hours. Then check the voltage from the negative wire going to the drive system and the positive wire going to the drive system. These are the main pack + and -. Should be 38 volts or higher.

Leave the test leads connected to those same terminals and set the meter on the dash. If you don’t have alligator clips you can Zip tie the probes to the terminals. Take it for a drive and tell us how far the voltage drops when you load them up. Off a fresh charge like that it really shouldn’t drop below around 36v at first. If it drops too much it could indicate a connection problem or a bad battery.

Pack voltage was 38.5 so you.guys know, I'm starting to think that maybe I guess the voltage in the micro switches is wrong?
Old 02-24-2021, 03:50 PM   #8
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Leave the test leads connected to those same terminals and set the meter on the dash. If you don’t have alligator clips you can Zip tie the probes to the terminals. Take it for a drive and tell us how far the voltage drops when you load them up. Off a fresh charge like that it really shouldn’t drop below around 36v at first. If it drops too much it could indicate a connection problem or a bad battery.[/QUOTE]

Did you do this? What readings did you get?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:24 AM   #9
LEMANSZ20
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
Did you do this? What readings did you get?[/QUOTE]

I didnt charge it over night b/c I was thinking it could be the micro switches? I mean is it possible that maybe the micro switches have different voltage or something that go through them and are sending a weak signal to the solenoid?
Old 02-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #10
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Pace yourself...don't jump to conclusions. Start with batteries, then work outward. Charge pack over night, then let rest for 12 hours (note pack voltage). Then leave Voltmeter connectors and drive to test voltage under load. Report back numbers.....if batteries are OK, work your way from there to test each component. You can spend a lot of your hard earned money replacing things just guessing at it.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car