lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2021, 03:17 PM   #1
DavidC1157
Not Yet Wild

Default What way to go?

I bought a CC PH1048 and it has a bad speed controller, motor and possibly the OBC. I have good batteries so I’m trying to way my options. The cart is in great shape other wise. New upgraded motor and controller or Have my motor rebuilt and I have already located a stock controller that already has the speed code changed. Any thoughts?
DavidC1157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2021, 03:41 PM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: What way to go?

All depends on your goals and budget. If you have the budget, an aftermarket controller and motor will give you more torque and speed. If you don't really need much of either, a stock rebuild with speed code 4 may make you happy.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 06:11 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

How exactly did you come to the conclusion that all of that, the controller, the obc, and the motor are all bad??? Seems really far fetched unless it’s a flood cart...

A simple bad connection in the wire harness, bad microswitch, or even a bad key switch can cause nothing at all to work. If someone you bought the cart from said that they’re all bad, then I’d not listen to a word. Generally people don’t have any clue what they’re doing.

I’d be downloading the wiring diagrams and Curtis manual from Curtis website, grabbing my meter and diagnosing from scratch. It may not be as bad as you think.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 08:22 PM   #4
DavidC1157
Not Yet Wild

Under water.
Old 02-27-2021, 08:42 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC1157 View Post
Under water.
That’ll do it

Then I guess it would come down to cost and your expectations. If a stock cart will do what you want, it would be a lot cheaper.

But in the long run if you plan on upgrading motor, controller, etc. then now is the time to do it.

Make sure to check the harness carefully. Most times, especially if it was salt water, you’ll find yourself fighting intermittent issues due to the corrosion that creeps up the wires themselves.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:41 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Not sure if this is compatible but would be a great deal if you can make it work

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=173668
Old 02-28-2021, 03:47 PM   #7
DavidC1157
Not Yet Wild

Yes saw that and asked about it. Haven’t heard back from him yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car