lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
SouthernCart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Plan B

Forgive me if I sound rude, pi$$ed, upset, irrate or anything else. I'm so ready to get this Sheive off!!!!! So I ordered the sheive puller bolt http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-875...ha-g1-g22.aspx and low and behold it dosnt work. So here I am asking yall how the F do I get this off? I've had as much as I can take and in a fit of gorilla rage I've probably scared all my neighbors and tore down the garage. Please help. Heres the culprit of my demise.

SouthernCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Plan B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCart View Post
Forgive me if I sound rude, pi$$ed, upset, irrate or anything else. I'm so ready to get this Sheive off!!!!! So I ordered the sheive puller bolt http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-875...ha-g1-g22.aspx and low and behold it dosnt work. So here I am asking yall how the F do I get this off? I've had as much as I can take and in a fit of gorilla rage I've probably scared all my neighbors and tore down the garage. Please help. Heres the culprit of my demise.

Sorry to hear of your problems. I've tried one or two of those aftermarket tools and they eather don't work or damage the threads on the fixed sheave. Please don't tell me the threads are damaged on the fixed sheave! PM me and I'll send you mine (K & L and hardened). I just ask you pay postage or UPS charges there and back. Let me know Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yep I have one here from a sponsor with no leads on the threads and I ordered several things from several sponsors and did not keep the records. Still looking for a die to fix it.

You be a kind soul smallblock, I used the small flat rate box was like 4 dollars.

It will get better southern.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems. I've tried one or two of those aftermarket tools and they eather don't work or damage the threads on the fixed sheave. Please don't tell me the threads are damaged on the fixed sheave! PM me and I'll send you mine (K & L and hardened). I just ask you pay postage or UPS charges there and back. Let me know Dave

Are there any good ones out there? I am going to need to replace my rollers soon.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOmsman View Post
Yep I have one here from a sponsor with no leads on the threads and I ordered several things from several sponsors and did not keep the records. Still looking for a die to fix it.

You be a kind soul smallblock, I used the small flat rate box was like 4 dollars.

It will get better southern.
Doo, you don't think I'm "kind"? I can't beleive there isn't someone closer to lend the tool. It was just an offer. You hurt my feelings...BWAAAAAA/Snot Bubble
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #6
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I ordered a puller from a Yamaha dealer and they still sent me the cheap (Chinese?) made one with soft threads that deform the first time you use it. I ended up getting a tap to clean out the clutch and a die to straighten out the puller after each use.
Tap:
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVS...00000123131053
Die:
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVS...00000123131101
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #7
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
I ordered a puller from a Yamaha dealer and they still sent me the cheap (Chinese?) made one with soft threads that deform the first time you use it. I ended up getting a tap to clean out the clutch and a die to straighten out the puller after each use.
Tap:
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVS...00000123131053
Die:
http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/GSDRVS...00000123131101
Check those links
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

a puller for snowmoble clutches would probably be better quality. this one is from comet or yamaha. and it fits in the g16 clutch, so it has metric threads. i'll double check its my dads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch puller 001.jpg (81.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg clutch puller 002.jpg (79.3 KB, 13 views)
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #9
cart de golf
Gone Wild

sorry for mi ignorance here

I have never had the newer clutch of an engine G16 up

It doesent comme of like the old style apart from the belt pulley you have to use a yamaha puller to remove it ?

would be nice to know I have a friend at the campgroung with a noisy clutch
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:21 PM   #10
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Hey SC, why doesn't it work?
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha