lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Chasin' my tail! can anyone help??

Heading out to the river place tomorrow, pics posted on Sat.. Anything I should specifically shoot for ID purposes???

I may not be "the most interesting man in the world", but I may have the most interesting golf cart! hahah!! starting to remond me of an ol 55 Ford F1 I had with a 350 in it.. Blasphemy indeed!

Found another pic.. not much showing but its something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120225_165355.jpg (165.1 KB, 20 views)
bphillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillman View Post
hahah!! starting to remond me of an ol 55 Ford F1 I had with a 350 in it.. Blasphemy indeed!
I'm guilty as well. Jeep Cherokee with a Chevy 5.3L. But it's so much fun!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
rib33024

You can see the aluminum frame above the shock, and that is a club car front end in that cart
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #14
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

Ok, so I am gathering its a CC DS Resistor cart of unknown year with a EZGO rear end and motor... Ahh the carnage!

Is there a flow chart for the no run situation I am having like there is for the EZGO? I get all 5 clicks, and a hum from the motor but no movement forward or back. Checking the batteries this weekend of course but it would be nice to go armed
Old 03-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

So, its an 85 DS Resistor... amazing what you find when you look (and havent been drinking!) Front end is essentially a traverse mounted lrched leaf spring with heimed upper a-arms... Very very odd indeed!

I put 3 12V Deep cycles that I had in it to make her run and test it, and it did run.. not terribly fast or for terribly long before it ran out of juice, but it run!

There is however more questions, which I again didnt get pictures of. most notably there is a silver box somwhat larger than a 9v battery inside the battery compartment under the F/R lever. It has several small guage wires coming from it to the solenoids (controller I guess?). Anyhow there is an ORANGE wire that has a corroded end and looked like it broke off something.. any easy answer where it would want to go?

Also, the tail lights only some on while moving, and they vary in intensity quite a bit depending on speed of the cart. I havent bothered to trace anything yet, because as soon as it ran and didnt seem to be a fire hazard the kids took off with it, hardly to be seen again!

Worked OK for moving the PWC trailer around, launching it and such, but I wish it had a bit more motor to pull the trailer out of the water with the PWC's on it and posi! Whats that gonna cost me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120304_153220.jpg (288.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20120304_153233.jpg (149.3 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 20120304_153243.jpg (120.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20120304_153318.jpg (143.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20120304_153257.jpg (95.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I like that 2nd pic. Now THAT is what you call a leaf spring my friend!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I like that 2nd pic. Now THAT is what you call a leaf spring my friend!
Agreed I kinda like it.

essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

As you can tell by the tires.. Camber is all outta whack!

They put the bolt in from the front, so while you can adjust the heims up top on the "A-Arms" to get some adjustment, you have to pull the front cowl off to do it.... I may break out the hole saw!!

I'm also thinking I want to put the same size tire thats in the rear in the front. Just gotta figure out the bolt pattern. Obviously ATV wheels and tires
Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
bphillman
Not Yet Wild

I think the front is a bit too much lift. I am thinking of having it re arched to be somewhat flatter. Maybe lose and inch or so of lift but certainly still have a decent look. replace the front tires with same size as rear and it will have a tough look IMHO.

I can see now that this is yet another project thats gonna cost me $$ on all the crap I think it should have on it/do!!!

Gimme some feedback guys, where would you go from here? Its a river house resort/local bar trawler with needs to cart/launch/retrieve seadoos, dogs and drunk people to and fro that waters edge
Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #20
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bphillman View Post
So, its an 85 DS Resistor...
There is however more questions, which I again didnt get pictures of. most notably there is a silver box somwhat larger than a 9v battery inside the battery compartment under the F/R lever. It has several small guage wires coming from it to the solenoids (controller I guess?). Anyhow there is an ORANGE wire that has a corroded end and looked like it broke off something.. any easy answer where it would want to go?
This cart has no controller. The silver box is your throttle speed control. Inside it are 5 microswitches along an actuator rod that trigger the 5 solenoids and resistor coils. If you upgrade to solid state this box will be eliminated along with all that control wiring. The orange wire I'm not sure of.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car