lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Fire.... why?

Soo I got home from work, grabbed the dog and rode around the neighborhood for alittle while but when I get in the driveway it still wants to go about 2-3mph... Not sure why?? Solenoid stuck?

When I opened the seat up the fwd reverse thing caught on fire when I put it back into the fwd position. if I put it into neutral it will go out and not move... WTF!!!!

All the electrical is stock, no extra batteries or nuthin.
murderedc230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
98kicker
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Fire.... why?

Replace f_ r switch
98kicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
murderedc230
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Actually I went back out there and hit the solenoid with a hammer and it clicked... so I put it back into fwd position and no fire and hit the pedal and it was clicking as it should...

So im just gonna need the new solenoid. Also I found this too because I noticed ALOT of heat coming from behind the batteries which came to this. If they are touching could that be bad?

murderedc230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Man, you have some luck! I get my share, but not this yet.....hopefully not!
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Those coils should not be touching one another. Wait until they are cool and then straighten them out.
I also suggest you change your F&R, the contacts are obviously burnt, that will just lead to more trouble with it later.
The solenoid needs to be replaced and you should take a good look at the contacts in the the V-glide. The wiper arm in the the V-glide might have gotten stuck or melted onto one of the speed selector lugs. Check it out and make sure it's returning to zero
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Those coils should not be touching one another. Wait until they are cool and then straighten them out.
I also suggest you change your F&R, the contacts are obviously burnt, that will just lead to more trouble with it later.
The solenoid needs to be replaced and you should take a good look at the contacts in the the V-glide. The wiper arm in the the V-glide might have gotten stuck or melted onto one of the speed selector lugs. Check it out and make sure it's returning to zero
i have to agree with everything scotty just said......make sure none of the loops of coils are touching.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car