lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
LADDitude
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Charger meter & Dash light

Couple questions:
2001 Club Car 48v

1) Charger meter. What exactly is the meter on the charger telling me? Or better yet, what should I be looking for.

2) Is the orange light on the dash useful on a daily basis? What's it's purpose. Seems mine come on and flashes from time to time and I have no idea what it's telling me.
LADDitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Brushpup
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charger meter & Dash light

1) The needle shows the amps being drawn from the charger. The lower your batteries, the more amps they draw. As they re-charge, the needle will fall untill the batteries are fully charged. There is more to it, but the best simple answer I can give.

2) Unless I am mistaken the light is supposed to tell you when the batteries are low. My understanding is that you have run your batts too low by this point even if it is working correctly. Based on what I've read here, they aren't very usefull at all. What is better is a volt meter telling you exactly how much charge is in the pack. I put one in my cart and wouldn't go back. Any cart I ever own will have one.

Sorry I can't answer you better, but I am still on the learning curve myself. Maybe someone will explain more.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger meter & Dash light

Orange dash light, when lit, usually means a problem of sorts . . check owner's manual for cart/charger for explanation . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car