lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Default No throttle - New Alltrax, solenoid, cables

2007 Precedent IQ
New DCX 500 amp controller
New 400 amp solenoid
New 2Ga wires

I have scoured this forum and the internet and can not figure this out

Everything wired per Alltrax's instructions, resister across the solenoid, gray band on diode on the solenoid lug connected to the battery.

Alltrax not throwing any codes. Connected software to it and checked programming, it's all correct (Clubcar 5K-0 - 3 wire). I put the software in to the "monitor" mode, no codes. Press the throttle and no reading on the software, no codes thrown either.

Reset OBC, no change. Cart charges so I would suspect OBC is not the issue.

When I turn the key the solenoid is activated, stays energized for a couple seconds then resets. Press the throttle and nothing. Microswitch on the throttle clicks, but nothing else. I can put the car in reverse and the chime sounds, press the pedal and nothing.

It's like the pedal doesn't exist....

I'm going to call Alltrax Monday, but thought I'd throw it out here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CIMG3485.jpg (124.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3487.jpg (194.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg CIMG3488.jpg (145.4 KB, 17 views)
Chipster27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: No throttle - New Alltrax, solenoid, cables

question did you just do the upgrade? did cart work ok before ? if so then we know its in something you did and its very easy just 1 misplaced wire......i have seen people go thur this and have to slowly go over everything several times before it jumps out and smacks them.......now a stupid question you did put it in tow 1st right? and its back in run?.............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

In picture number two, is the solid blue wire your positive? If no, the diode is on backwards.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
.......now a stupid question you did put it in tow 1st right? and its back in run?.............................
Yes it's in run You've expressed exactly what I'm afraid of and I've gone wire by wire to see if anything is not connected. I can't find anything....
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
In picture number two, is the solid blue wire your positive? If no, the diode is on backwards.
Yes the solid blue is positive (meaning it's connected to the same side as the 2GA coming from the battery.
If the diode were backwards, would it prevent the throttle from being recognized in the Alltrax software?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't think you have the diode on correctly. You can remove the diode for testing purposes and see if the cart runs.

I'm not sure you connected the positive side of the activation circuit correctly. You have a blue and the blue with white stripe wire coming to the solenoid activation circuit which one of those wires carries a negative charge & which one is positive? This has nothing to do with the large terminals and the 2gauge cables. Check my install diagram below. I hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resistor & Diode instruction01.jpg (214.5 KB, 11 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

We replaced a motor here at the shop one day....just replaced the motor....and got the same symptoms...no forward, and no reverse. Not even a reverse beeping. No codes from the Club Car diagnostics either. In the end, it was a bad forward / reverse switch.

Maybe someone can guide you on how to check that on here. We just threw a new one in and it worked.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #7
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

My solid blue wire goes to the positive side, along with the stripe on the diode and works fine.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
Chipster27
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't think you have the diode on correctly. You can remove the diode for testing purposes and see if the cart runs.

I'm not sure you connected the positive side of the activation circuit correctly. You have a blue and the blue with white stripe wire coming to the solenoid activation circuit which one of those wires carries a negative charge & which one is positive? This has nothing to do with the large terminals and the 2gauge cables. Check my install diagram below. I hope this helps
I reversed the diode and tried it, nothing. Only difference was the solenoid didn't activate as it was doing before.

Removed the diode and nothing, not even the solenoid activating. Put the diode back to the original configuration and now the solenoid won't activate like it was before

What do I meter to determine the positive and neg feeds. Across the blue & blue/white wires? Or across the posts on the solenoid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBlade
In the end, it was a bad forward / reverse switch.
I'm not sure it's the switch as I can put it in reverse and get the chime so I believe the switch is working.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Try putting switch to tow, key off. and plug charger in for a few, then unplug charger and put in run and try it.

You should have 48 volts on the side of solenoid coming from battery pack at all times while not running, once peddle is depressed you will have it on both big posts
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

i have the exact same set up... and i don't see in your photo the "PRECHARGE" resistor across the heavy solenoid terminals.
the right terminal shows a heavy wire and a yellow #10 wire but the right side only shows one heavy.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alltrax installed diode info .jpg (58.9 KB, 17 views)
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car