lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
rileyboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default drive clutch removal

2010 Gas Ezgo drive clutch removal. Mounting bolt is out. Now how do I remove it. Thanks in advance for the help
rileyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #2
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: drive clutch removal

Be patient someone will chime in. And it helps to open up with an intro of some sort , that way we know you are a human.
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
rileyboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So sorry. I am in the process of my winter project and am trying to upgrade the clutch springs. I have removed the driven clutch and am in the process of trying to remove the drive clutch. Seems like a tight fit so I thought I would ask for some advice.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well first off you have a taper shaft clutch and you will need a puller bolt , but being that your only replacing the spring why not just remove the outter cover and replace the spring ? make sure you mark the outter cover so that you can line it back up again
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #5
rileyboy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you so much. Whats funny is that is exactly what my 11 yr old son said, "just take the bolts out dad piece of cake".
Old 05-04-2021, 07:30 AM   #6
Kjboyd23
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a 2010 EZGO RXV and I’m needing to replace the drive clutch spring as well. Did you have any luck removing the drive clutch cover only while leaving drive clutch attached? Did you just have to use an impact driver? Thank you!
Kjboyd23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 gas ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO