lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
grantspec
Getting Wild

Default Grantspec’s Yamaha G9 Rebuild

I picked up this old crusty G9 off of Facebook marketplace for what I though was a good deal ($400). Once I got it home and started going through it I quickly realized I would soon have triple that in parts into it. Oh well you win some you lose some. Half the fun of this stuff to me is the build. So here’s some pictures of what I’ve got so far! Here’s the cart on day 1.

I knew it had a bad rear clutch so I replaced that first up and did some general clean up of the motor. The good news is it ran ok. I also found the muffler to be falling apart so I bought an aftermarket replacement (wow that thing was pricey)

I then recovered the seats with some black vinyl covers from eBay (really nice quality)

After that and some test drives I realized there were more issues...

The front clutch was shot so I replaced that. It was leaking oil from the valve cover. Replaced the valve cover gasket. Did a general tune up - new filters, cleaned the air box, new battery connections, new motor mounts. New spark plug... uh oh the spark plug was cross threaded into the cylinder head. I was able to run a tap through it with grease on the threads to catch the shavings. Used a straw and vacuum cleaner to remove the rest of the shavings from the cylinder. The new spark plug threaded in great after this.

To be continued...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha