lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2021, 11:18 AM   #1
ezgorg1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 295cc needs replaced or repaired looking for recommendations?

I am new to golf carts and we bought a 2003 EZGO TXT with a 295cc motor. We got it out this spring and did not check the oil before it was ran around town. Wife was about to go again and it started making a funny noise and then stopped. Had a local mechanic that has tuned golf carts stop by and he believe the cam is not locked up however the motor will no longer turn over. I am on the fence about trying to repair it as it sounds like this engine is getting harder and harder to get parts for. I am looking at replacements however what I am seeing it is a huge step up in CC and I am not looking for that as we are getting an ATV to accomplish the off trail fun.
Has anyone had a locked motor and rebuilt it and had no issues for years after?
Is there a non-big block replacement options?
ezgorg1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
295cc, engine swap, repair, replace
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO