lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
c21tupper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy 1996 gas EZGO Workhorse Model GXT804D - HELP !

Hello everyone !! I'm still patiently waiting for someone to help us get this cart to start. I've been reading lots of posts about starting and wiring and nothing fits our problem. It is our first cart and we plan on using it for maintenance on the property.

Some background and photos... bought this cart for $650 a month ago.. it ran fine, sounded good when we test drove and bought it. Had to leave it sit for 3 days til we could pick it up. By then the battery died and it wouldn't start. Put a charger on it and it started up, ran long enough to get loaded.

Got it home and it started and got it unloaded, then the engine just slowly died again. Thought it was just the battery being low...re-charged it and the battery is ok, but it wouldn't start. After checking things out, replaced the fuse box and fuses... still wouldn't start; replaced the very dirty air filter; still no start; next replaced the voltage regulator; still nothing and then the solenoid and still nothing !! We're so frustrated.....

I've ordered the service manual and we're waiting on it. I was able to get a wiring diagram faxed to us and posted it in the other thread. Conrad is still puzzled about where that loose white wire should be attached. Any ideas ? Could not identify it in the diagram either.

Here is our cart: Ser #A37831, Model GXT804D, Code G3096. Was told by EZGO that the 96 in the code means it is a 1996 model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 08172011 Stumpy 008.jpg (162.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 08172011 Stumpy 010.jpg (211.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg ezgoWire 003.jpg (183.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg ezgoWire 002.jpg (256.8 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by c21tupper; 09-01-2011 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: correct spelling
c21tupper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help wanted, model, starting problem, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO