lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #30
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction

well been a while since i posted here so figured id give a update;
we still ride at least 3hr trips 3-4 days a week in the woods and the habor freight 420cc is doing great still.
my exhaust with the flex sleeve from ebay for 13 bucks or whatever it was is the best,,never have cracked broke or leaked in any way so far,knock on wood
the jakes front end is still riding like a dream for what it is,and the 3 link rear i build is working great still..cant wait to get new longer coil springs someday as that will change everything for the better as there worn out bad since 1985,,then again so am i
honestly i still have some loose ends to finish on the cart and never have done anything since getting the rear done but drive it a lot..
fuel mileage;; all i can say is awesome i prob put 3 gallons in it every month and cant belive it does so good as i was expecting it to be much worse than the golf cart engine,but its not,,it sips gas thankfully..
still have the original valve lash for months and i prob need to check it as its getting a lil more noisy but not bad..
the hiem joints i used are good but i learned i wish i would have otton the teflon coated as the joints do have a slight rattle once in a while and will on ly get worse over the yrs..i will upgrade this when i get new coil springs someday..
the comet clutch is still badd azz as far as im concerned,,it launches the cart great and shifts out like the newer cars that have that cvt type tranny with no gears,,like the newer altimas..i dont think i ever want the new style trans in a car tho as i drove one yesterday and dont like the feeling of slipping when i mash the motor..
well,thats about it..i got rid of the bike and got me a new keltec ksg and really want to make a mount on the cart for it but i figure some folks might not like seeing a 15 round shotgun hanging behind me lol..i will say this,,i can ring the gong at 100yds with 1 oz slugs
and im luvin the limbsaver recoil pad..makes it more pleasent to shoot it for sure..
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO