lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2019, 09:14 PM   #11
RosscoB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium Leaf pack install?

For anyone who is interested, I used one battery pack from tech direct club. I heard rumors that the BMS wouldn’t handle the amp load, but I spent the afternoon with the whole family in the cart going up and down hills, with zero issues.
RosscoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2019, 09:16 PM   #12
RosscoB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is a link to the battery I chose.

https://www.techdirectclub.com/48-vo...5-kwh-66ah-g2/
Old 09-02-2019, 07:30 AM   #13
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
OBC? Isn't that for club car? I thought he had EZGO.
Oops! My bad, sorry for the confusion!

This is the second time I have noticed in the product description, they specify "Please note that this unit is for indoor use only."

I'm wondering why they are saying that? Seems they are building it for the intended purpose of using it in a golf cart...
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:42 AM   #14
RosscoB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Oops! My bad, sorry for the confusion!

This is the second time I have noticed in the product description, they specify "Please note that this unit is for indoor use only."

I'm wondering why they are saying that? Seems they are building it for the intended purpose of using it in a golf cart...

It’s certainly not weather resistant, but it looks like it should be fine under the cart seat. I’m also lining the battery box to keep other dust and water out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #15
agpfl
Wild Gone

E-Z-GO

Just be careful with it. I looked them up and the idea is great, but the amount of amps the system is designed for is just not enough for long term golf cart use. Sure it may work now, but the amount of excess heat running through the circuit board or through the 8 gauge battery cables will eventually cause it to fail.

I think you could modify their configuration for long term usage, or just run it until it fails, then rewire it. You should add in thicker bus bars and replace the 8 gauge battery cables with 6 gauge min (but 4 gauge would be better as long as you are doing it). I would need to see how they wired their BMS, but its possible they wired the load through the BMS and that could be bypassed to provide more than 60 amps.

Here is the battery pack I saw that I am assuming is inside the enclosure. https://www.ebay.com/itm/48-volt-Nis...0AAOSw~oldJR8m
agpfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 07:55 PM   #16
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Lots of folks are running that configuration with great success. I have mine doubled up with 14 modules but mostly for the extra range. If you are running a conventional cart with normal size tires those batteries can handle the load.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:41 PM   #17
RosscoB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Lots of folks are running that configuration with great success. I have mine doubled up with 14 modules but mostly for the extra range. If you are running a conventional cart with normal size tires those batteries can handle the load.
My cart has larger tires, but I think everything else is stock. I guess I’ll see how it goes. If it fails down the road I’ll upgrade. I bet I can upgrade the bus bars, wires and BMS and keep the rest of the pack.

They show this video on their web site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QtRx3ljKHA
Old 09-04-2019, 10:56 AM   #18
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
The cells can absolutely handle the load, but they wired the BMS with itty-bitty cables. So that's where I think the bottleneck is in the amperage supply chain, the BMS. Unless the OP bypassed the BPS for current draw... But I thought he was using the supplied cables for both.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:12 AM   #19
RosscoB
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
The cells can absolutely handle the load, but they wired the BMS with itty-bitty cables. So that's where I think the bottleneck is in the amperage supply chain, the BMS. Unless the OP bypassed the BPS for current draw... But I thought he was using the supplied cables for both.
I'm currently using all the cables supplied from techdirectclub. I am also considering adding a second battery pack in parallel so the load can be split between the two packs or upgrading the BMS and the wires.

Last edited by RosscoB; 09-05-2019 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: diction
Old 09-05-2019, 08:28 AM   #20
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosscoB View Post
I'm currently using all the cables supplied from techdirectclub. I am also considering adding a second battery pack in parallel so the load can be split between the two packs or upgrading the BMS and the wires.
I would check those small cables for heat periodically to make sure you don't need to upgrade to a larger gauge. Larger tires will cause the motor to pull extra amps.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO