lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2019, 11:32 AM   #11
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: School me on Lithium please

Battery Management System...... At first I thought it was just like a basic battery meter but know it's not now. Do you just need one based on voltage or do you need one BMS per module? I see a lot of talk about it but would love to see a diagram of how it is wired into pack.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2019, 02:46 PM   #12
MCJEFE
Gone Wild

Club Car

Many of us have used the Zeva BMS16 with Leaf packs but there's a ton of other options out there.

Check out my build maybe it will help you understand.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...hium-pack.html

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
MCJEFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #13
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJEFE View Post
Many of us have used the Zeva BMS16 with Leaf packs but there's a ton of other options out there.

Check out my build maybe it will help you understand.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/all-t...hium-pack.html

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Perfect! Thanks for the link that helped!
Old 10-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #14
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any thoughts on the pre-built pack from AZLithium? I came across their info in another thread and was looking at their website. They sell 48v lithium kits with battery charger and volt meter. The only thing else I would need would be the BMS.

I am getting pretty confident that I could put something together myself but like I first mentioned I need this for hunting season and that is fast approaching. Time wise this would be a good option and the price seems fair if the battery packs are reliable.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:26 PM   #15
MikeM53
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I recently bought a 14 module pack from AZLithium. The modules are from a 2015 low mileage leaf. My cart is a 2000 TXT series cart with an upgraded controller, solenoid and reversing contactor from ScottyB. Stock motor.

My cart is used as a hunting buggy and my primary concern was range.

I am extremely pleased how the pack from AZLithium performs. Range is very good. Initial charge 58.2 volts. 39.75 miles on mostly flat subdivision roads. Ending voltage 52.5 v.

I'll probably only charge the pack to 57.4 in the future because I've got more than adequate range.
MikeM53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:53 PM   #16
kofifi
Getting Wild

What do you all think about this battery pack? I know everyone runs Nissan leafs/ Chevy Volts.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kia-Ioniq-3...56c0%7Ciid%3A1
kofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #17
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM53 View Post
I recently bought a 14 module pack from AZLithium. The modules are from a 2015 low mileage leaf. My cart is a 2000 TXT series cart with an upgraded controller, solenoid and reversing contactor from ScottyB. Stock motor.

I am extremely pleased how the pack from AZLithium performs. Range is very good. Initial charge 58.2 volts. 39.75 miles on mostly flat subdivision roads. Ending voltage 52.5 v.

I'll probably only charge the pack to 57.4 in the future because I've got more than adequate range.
Good info! thanks!
Old 10-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:

This is good information you have posted. I can tell you that when the pack voltage drops to 49-V, you are in a different "arena" in terms of using volts until you drop to (what my LV cutoff is) of 44-V or 3.14-V per cell.

In other words, you get more distance\usage from 54-V to 50-V, than you do from 49-V to 44-V.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #19
MikeM53
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
In other words, you get more distance\usage from 54-V to 50-V, than you do from 49-V to 44-V.

FWIW
Thanks. I don't plan to run the cart below 50-V, but it is nice to know that in a pinch, I can go down to 48-V if necessary.
MikeM53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #20
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Thanks. I don't plan to run the cart below 50-V, but it is nice to know that in a pinch, I can go down to 48-V if necessary.
Actually you can safely run it down to 3V/c (Pack voltage of 42 volts) before the "knee" of voltage drop starts and the voltage bottoms out very quickly.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO