lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #11
Hazzard
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Carb Jet Replacement

my cart is a 2003. I did bump up the governor.
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2007, 12:13 AM   #12
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you ran it with the filter and stock jet? Only change the jetting when needed, not because someone said so.

Bob, do all carts come with the same jet no matter where they are going? Are they just so detuned that it does not matter?
cartin AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 PM   #13
Bob-0
Gone Wild

AK,

For the most part, they are all the same standard main jet. A distributor can special order them with the high altitude kit installed, if they know a fleet or car is going to an area above 3K MSL.

For the most part though, what the people in the high altitude regions do is order them with the standard jets and Stock the high altitude jet. Because even in the high altitude area's some of the sales may or may not be to people/courses above the 3000 MSL range. Take the Denver area for example.. They have one course at 6,000 MSL and one on the south side at 1200 MSL .

So the short answer is yes, are almost all standard jetted carbs rollin off the assy. line.

Have a great one,
Bob
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:42 PM   #14
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Bob,it was just a curious question. I do not know where hazzard lives, elevation so it is hard to guess at jetting online. JETTING IS A TRIAL AND ERROR PROCESS and you can find some good guidlines on the net.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #15
Bob-0
Gone Wild

Yes, it is trial and error . I figured it was a gee whiz question . It was a good one, so I felt it would be nice to give the full answer

What I like to recommend is to stick with the jets E-Z-GO supplies... and not because of my background . For the small difference in performance you would get from finding the optimum jet size, you would never see anything but small numbers with the difference between the optimum jet and say a #90.

That is considering that no major and radical changes have been made to the engine. You really need to have one of my dad's 25hp 350ccs before you'll see a difference between a #90 and 92. Now, if you jump up more than 2 then you'll notice the difference .

I have not experimented with the open air cone filters. My opinion is just based on tuning stock intake systems. So there may be more to those.
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #16
cartin AK
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Did you try the stock jet? Post the outcome, really am curious.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:15 AM   #17
Hazzard
Not Yet Wild

I put the #82 back in and it runs alot better. that is the jet it came with. I might try the #84. I have gps'd my cart at a little over 29mph so I dont really think it is going to go much faster or how it could perform any better, but what do i know??? I am always up for suggestions.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:42 AM   #18
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Do you have a tach for it? Might not be a bad investment...
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #19
Hazzard
Not Yet Wild

yes I have a tach on the cart already.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO