lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2020, 12:56 PM   #1
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Default show us your 72v DC systems

Looking for others that have 72v DC systems,preferably Lithium.
The more details the better
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #2
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: show us your 72v DC systems

Just dropped in a 72v 120ah unit I had made in China. Took a long time to get, but they customized various things and were easy to deal with.

I'm coming from a RoyPow 51v 105ah battery that I've been extremely happy with, but was looking to maximize the latent performance in my Navitas 5KW motor / controller, and my cart's (Onward, factory lift, Navitas 5KW, 23" tires, stock gears, 72v LifePo4) surprising stability at speed.

Short version is that the performance increase is not small. I'd say massive is not hyperbolic language when talking about the increase in torque and acceleration - esp. midrange. You can be cruising at 26 or 28 and nail it and it just goes. Didn't do that or even close with 51v.

Currently tops out at 45 and some change, but it was cold. Navitas has played with their FW and they tell me next version will restore some top end power for higher input voltage setups so we'll see, but it's plenty already. Some older versions apparently allowed for higher speeds / RPMs with higher input voltage (Doug Robling on the forum has a near identical setup and he could hit 50 or better, but I think that's on legacy FW).

I got them to include a replacement BMS that I could swap out quickly if I ever had an issue, but it's got pretty high current ratings, and at 72v the current is pretty low. Highest I've seen so far was only about 160 amps.

So far so good. I can tell you my advice would be that if performance is important to you and you have a Navitas system, go 72v.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RD 72v installed.jpg (95.9 KB, 0 views)
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
morvolts2
Gone Wild

thanks Fstop isnt that an AC system?

I think I remember you from DIYEC
Old 12-19-2020, 06:14 PM   #4
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvolts2 View Post
thanks Fstop isnt that an AC system?

I think I remember you from DIYEC
Yes - Navitas.

Sorry - what is DIYEC?
Old 12-19-2020, 06:34 PM   #5
morvolts2
Gone Wild

do it yourself electric car
Old 12-19-2020, 10:02 PM   #6
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvolts2 View Post
do it yourself electric car
Thought that might be it, but no I wasn't over there.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car