lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #1
Stephen Clegg
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha JW9 48v charger won't charge, just clicks every 5 seconds

Hi, I am new member, and this is my first post. My oem Yamaha JW9 48v charger suddenly won't charge my YDREX4 2014 Yamaha 48v cart. The red power light comes on when plugged in, but the yellow charging, and green charged lights just click on and off every 5 seconds. I know the batteries are fine, because they were working normally, and not nearly discharged when the charger suddenly stopped working. I was able to fully charge my cart using my friends' OEM 48v Yamaha charger, (my AC cord also worked using his charger, so I know it's not that). But my charger won't charge his cart. (Same clicking every 5 seconds) Any suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated!
Stephen Clegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2021, 09:04 AM   #2
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha JW9 48v charger won't charge, just clicks every 5 seconds

Its time for a new charger
rstacy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 09:19 AM   #3
Stephen Clegg
Not Yet Wild

I have a friend who had the same problem, and he said it was a $25 fuse. I have opened my charger up, and can't find a typical fuse that looks like it could be replaced.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:19 AM   #4
Stephen Clegg
Not Yet Wild

I'd like to find a way to repair it if feasible. I've opened up the charger, and there looks to be some sort of diagnostic port inside. Does anyone have experience repairing or diagnosing problems with this Yamaha charger, or do they always just have to be thrown away?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha