lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2014, 08:16 AM   #51
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default re: Lockman1's DS idle setup?

We have done this mod on a few carts. If you are having problems keeping it idling try cleaning carb as it only takes a minimal amount of trash to prevent cart from a smooth idle. This means taking carb off and thoroughly cleaning jets, not just removing air box hose and blowing out.

Ethanol fuel will gum up a carb in no time.

JMO, but it has happened on 2 of the carts we performed this mod on.

rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #52
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Did you forget to turn up the idle screw?
I sure did!! HA HA!!
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #53
drwallie
Not Yet Wild

Smile re: Lockman1's DS idle setup?

hi I am new here so I hope what i can post this.
I did lockman1's set up with the black wire disconnected,but i went a step further.
I added a Bosch relay with five terminals to the circuit.what i did was to disconnect the green and white wires from the out side micro switch of the shifter lever,
and connected the wires to the relay.the relay has terminals marked 30,87A,87,85,86.
I connected terminals 30 and 85 to ground.terminal 86 connected to the blue wire on the solenoid that get 12 volts when the key is on.
87A is connected to the white wire that was taken off the micro switch.87 was connected to the green wire that was taken off the micro switch.
how this works is that 87A is NC and 87 is NO.with key off 87A is grounded and 87 is not.
with key on 87A is ungrounded and 87 grounded. in neutral turn the key on step on the gas pedal and the engine runs.turn the key off and the engine stops no need to adjust idle.
this was done to my 2007 club car.

so what do you think of this set up?
drwallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #54
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Welcome to BGW drwallie!

Yep! it's another good idea (and a good write up) to get your CC to idle in all shifter positions!

However... I still don't like the idea of it being able to idle in neutral! (not being in maintenance mode)
for fear of "accidentally" shifting from neutral, to forward or reverse too quickly,
without the engine coming down to the lowest RPM before the gears grind!
(I have a Jake's shifter, and keep forgetting that it shifts... THAT easily!)

I won't discount the relay mod... It's kinda' cool!
BUT... others that drive your cart may not know better, and may give you transaxle problems at a later date!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #55
drwallie
Not Yet Wild

hi
as I have the engine idling i set the parking brake so the cart will not move.I do not idle the engine for long periods only to warm it a little.I am a retired auto mechanic and the thought of starting and stopping a engine with out getting to a decent temperature will cause moistier in the oil and can lead to engine problems.even with this set up i will change the oil more often.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #56
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Well... the brakes aren't what you have to worry about...
But, as long as you have a few extra drive belts around you should be fine!

eg: when you rev the engine when it's NOT in maintenance mode, you'll burn your drive belt up!

this is a simple, basic, easy mod... Why should you have to add on to it?

With my custom built shifter, I can lock it in neutral so the belt is not slipping on the driven pulley, just simply turning the disengaged pulley.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:28 AM   #57
drwallie
Not Yet Wild

Smile re: Lockman1's DS idle setup?

the relay set up is the same as maintenance mode,the shifter is in neutral and the relay sets the out side micro switch to the same contacts as if it where in that mode only the wires are not connected to the micro but go through the relay.the engine in this set is just idling.when the engine is warmed up shut it off put in gear then turn on the ignition so the gears will not clash while running and shifting into gear.still has pedal start with this set up.if there is a different way let me know ?
Old 01-31-2016, 10:26 AM   #58
jmotter
Not Yet Wild

I did this mod last night. Works great on my 98DS. Smooths out the crooked trail I go thru. Highly recommended, thanks all for the invaluable information on this forum!
jmotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #59
buffaluphagus
Not Yet Wild

Any luck with this working on pre 92 club cars?
buffaluphagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:12 AM   #60
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmer71 View Post
Another note on this:

I added the 200 rpm drive clutch spring from CPP and it really helps with this mod. The oem spring wants to engage at a very low RPM so it's difficult to adjust the idle plus the engine wants to stumble on accel. With the new spring, I could adjust the idle up a bit and it eliminated the accel stumble.

FYI!

I also bought the mod spring and installed it but found that it gave me a jerky take off. Took it out. OEM spring is much smoother. Did not increase idle speed. Try different approaches to get the results you like
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idle, idle fix, idle mod
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car