lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 PM   #81
hre59
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 4 stroke HEI Conversion

Fast Fred had this figured out using a MSD box. We need his wiring diagram for this modification. Somebody must have the diagram! Please post!
hre59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #82
EZGOCrazy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just a heads up on this mod.This worked for me and maybe it will help some of you guys.I had to change the plug wires to a solid core wire.I tried using automotive suppression core wires and was getting that dead spot on top end.Changed the wires now it runs great.
EZGOCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #83
Tweetot
Not Yet Wild

About two years ago I started using my 96 TXT 4 Stroke Gas cart less and less. Since I was using it very little I ran the gas down to a low level and only added small amounts when needed. I added Stabil to the tank just to keep the fuel in decent condition while sitting up. Well I wound up letting it sit in the shop for about 6 months and didn't use it. I trickle charged the battery every two months but did not run it. About 6 months ago I took it out dusted it off, added fresh fuel, changed the oil and tried to use it. It did not want to start at first so I tinkered and checked everything from valves to spark. Spark was very weak. I finally got it started but it was hard to get started while cold and plugs would foul easily. I changed to a slightly hotter plug but it remained troublesome starting. I cleaned every terminal in the ignition system including all connections in the wiring plugs. I checked the gap on the Pulse Sensor also but still spark was weak. After replacing the coil, ignitor and pulse Sensor with new units without resolving the problem I decided to change to an HEI system. The HEI module came in first so I installed it and tried it with the stock EZGO coil. Better spark but still a problem starting. When the Saturn coil came in I installed it and had a very hot spark. The cart then started well and ran but for some reason the timing was retarded. I checked everything but the engine was running great up to the mid-range then it leveled out and had no extra power even to go up small grades. I decided to change back to my EZGO Ignitor but left the Saturn (GM) coil. WOW! What a difference. The EZGO Ignitor drove that coil great. Hot spark and the timing is right on. I can only figure that the HEI Module I received was not the one I ordered and has a delay in the output to drive the coil, or it could be not working well. I may delve into it one day, but since I have 2 EZGO ignitors now I won't worry for a while. The coil was the Standard DR46T replacement.
Tweetot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #84
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

so is this where it stopped????? I am interested...lol but not with the mis-matched results?
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 PM   #85
bogeyorbetter
Not Yet Wild

Had no spark on my 93 gas marathon. Did the conversion with the old chevy module and saturn coil (as mentioned above) starts idles and run great until you pass half throttle then she sputters. Swapped wires around and no difference. The best was she run is with pulse coil to W and G Aslso having a problem wit the belt sucking into the secondary clutch. My guess is that the engine isn't reving up fast enugh to pull the belt in. Any suggestions?
bogeyorbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #86
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Try a carb teardown/cleaning. Also make sure that the fuel pump is supplying enough gas and oil. These models were notorious for the float in carb sticking
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #87
icyveins
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonduranth View Post
Try a carb teardown/cleaning. Also make sure that the fuel pump is supplying enough gas and oil. These models were notorious for the float in carb sticking
are we all on the same page here? I thing this thread is about 4 stroke so no oil in the gas..... I think he was posting a reply about his results with his hei conversion...... I am waiting to do mine until I hear from someone that had great results....none of this half throttle crap
icyveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #88
bogeyorbetter
Not Yet Wild

Sorry new to the whole forum thing. But anyhow solved a few issue but still sputter . Issue wit the belt and clutch fixed. I adjusted the valve and got most of the backfiring and sputting to calm down but still is present. On deceleration she pops and taking off seem to be a hit or miss. Sometimes she takes off running but most time it takes me playing wit the throttle before she will rev up to a good crusing speed. I'm using suppression wires because I can find a store that sell solid core wires. Any suggestion on where to find such wires? Would the wires be causing my issues
bogeyorbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #89
DEMONDGE
Not Yet Wild

OK I have read this whole thread. Did the issues with the 4 stroke conversion ever get resolved? I have a 99 cart that has no spark and am just starting research on fixing it. Thanks in advance.
DEMONDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:45 PM   #90
DEMONDGE
Not Yet Wild

So I went out to the cart to start checking things and guess what? This is my parents cart they changed the battery about 2 months ago (should have been my first clue). I knew it didn't have spark so I did the internet search got my info and went out to the cart to check things. I decided to get the battery out of the way to get to electrical connections and discovered they had the battery hooked up backwards. Reversed the connections and it runs and starts perfectly. DUH
DEMONDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO