lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2012, 05:04 AM   #141
lakesidewelding
used to be wild....(sigh)

Club Car

Default Re: OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction

Just checked out your rig... Coming along nicely! The Neil Diamond plate in the back looks real nice, and love the stinger bar front bumper! Very Jeepy!
lakesidewelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #142
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks lakeside hope you guys didnt get the storm as bad as some did..i was hopeing for it to come here as im used to them and love,em..just hate for folks to loose what they have..that parts a tragedy..
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #143
lakesidewelding

Club Car

I lucked out. Everyone around me lost power. My parents house flooded out, and lost power, but I just dropped on of my welders off at their house and hooked up to their fuse panel, so they're good for now. They're right on the barrier island, so they got wallopped.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #144
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

glad it turned out for you guys up there! my best friends son and daughter live in wildwood crest and they said they never lost power either,,yall are very lucky thankfully

installed some 12yr old rally halogen lights that still work great..had to make a drop down bracket from alum for them to work..trying to stay alum for if i ever haul something heavyalso ordered shorter belt today..
not very purdy in the front to me so i may change things up again down the road..

Old 11-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #145
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well have not got anything else done..drove it around the woods for a couple hrs earlyer and thankfully never had a problem..the spring trick changed my cart big time..very controllabe now,even tho i have no brakes at all

it sure dont use much gas either,,fine by me tho..
i think my drivers side rear axle must be bent as i re tightened it and still have a wobble,,just enough to bug ya on the pavement but fine in dirt..

got the new honda motor bolted to my welding table and making my own flange and exauhst so i can run it a few days for a while each day to break it in ..
Old 11-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #146
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

have not got nothing done as useuall but i did rag on the ole cart for 4 hrs non stop but a couple 5 min breaks..prob did about 20 miles in rough wooded sand trails with roots..my buddy has a 800 4x4 polaris and they said i was going 20 mph thru a few trails at times..had a good time..butt got a lil warm a few times when i was runnin it hard..didnt seem to use much gas at all which really suprised me..
made some fender flares from my old tj wrangler for the cart..will see how they look tomorrow
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #147
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can still buy the factory rear mud guards they're called. I just got some. http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-237...ud-guards.aspx

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #148
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks i think i like the ones i made pretty good tho..there just like the ones in the pic of the blue cart on first page,,that look im goin for..
trying to find cheaper tie rods but 24 bucks seems to be bout it..thats double what my chevy truck tie rods cost tho
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #149
lakesidewelding

Club Car

I bought rod ends similiar to a heim joint at my industrial supplier for about $7 each. What size are you looking for?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #150
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah i can get them fairly cheap here also but trying to stay with the greasable ti rod.thanks tho!
im fixin to order seat covers with 2 blue stripes and may as well get the tie rod also since it is in very bad shape..just cant remember if the pass side of my cart is left or right hand thread?

just installed 1 inch shorter belt..will see if theres much difference later when we go for a ride

lifted up on my clutch to check the bearings and holy crapola are the bearing worn a easy 1/16th if not more lol..but it sure does still run good with all that crank end plat and worn bearing..
i been thinkin i heard a slight roar at times and thats probally it.
im so happy with the 2 stroke i almost hate to stick the honda in it,but im thinking it will just be maybe a lil better when the time comes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO