lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #31
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Long Travel lift front & rear, Lithium powered TXT build

I'm about as close to Atlanta as you are to Savannah.

I just picked something someone has heard of.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #32
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

When I lived on Tybee, most folks called it Savannah Beach, even though it was an incorporated city.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:21 PM   #33
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I moved to the Metro-Atlanta area (not city limits) to attend Georgia Tech, then bailed over-seas after graduating for two an a half years. I got a job and retired in the Metro area, but around here, one hour from the city limits is still considered "Atlanta", even though I'm so far away I don't have to get emissions testing done on our cars.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:22 PM   #34
mj202073
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is a GREAT looking build....I stumbled across your post while trying to find an answer to a front disc brake conversion question, but I LOVE the way your lithium pack came together. I have a cart that started as a 2006 PDS, I converted it to 96v AC with a AC23 motor/controller kit from HPEVS. I had to build a second battery tray where the bag well was so I could double-stack the batteries back there.....it turned out pretty clean, but 8 12v T-1275's are heavy!!! I would love to go with a lithium pack like yours, I have only seen the lithiums like Smart Battery sells. Do you have a good source for the cells like you are using, or is retail about as good as it gets? I don't mind spending a little money if the performance, range, and finish quality improves. Do you mind me asking what your pack and charger cost you? Thanks for any help, and I can't wait to see your "after pictures".
mj202073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #35
mj202073
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh, and I live in "Atlanta" too.......Covington to be exact......about 30 mins east.....no emissions here either, and golf carts are street-legal. :)
Old 06-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #36
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I know what you mean about a bunch of 12v Trojans. I have 6 12v in a 72v cart I recently built. It's heavy. This cart is so light and pushes so easily I can't wait to apply the juice to it. Probably next weekend. My motor shipped today.

The Nissan Leaf batteries came from the website link below. Prices are listed, depends on how many volts and Ah you want.
http://hybridautocenter.com/HAC4/ind...ies&Itemid=605

I bottom balanced eliminating the need for a BMS. I bought an on-board charger from Quick Charge. If you specify lithium and the cutoff volts when you order they will program the charger accordingly. Prices are listed on site, depending on what voltage and amps you want.
http://www.quickcharge.com/on-board-...-standard.html
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #37
mj202073
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help. I talked to Nick at hybrid auto center, he was very helpful, now I have to decide whether I want to go with 14 packs like you have, but at 106-120 volts, or go with 28 for the extra AH......I am thinking that since the cart will be about 500 lbs lighter than it is now with LA batteries, that my ride time should be much better, and that the 14 packs may suffice. Anyway, didn't mean to jack your thread, thanks again for your help!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #38
mcdave71
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Make a plexi cover for those battery connections? Would hate to drop a wrench in there.
mcdave71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:57 AM   #39
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdave71 View Post
Make a plexi cover for those battery connections? Would hate to drop a wrench in there.
I wouldn't want to drop a wrench under the seat of a stock electric golf cart either.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:59 AM   #40
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj202073 View Post
Thanks for the help. I talked to Nick at hybrid auto center, he was very helpful, now I have to decide whether I want to go with 14 packs like you have, but at 106-120 volts, or go with 28 for the extra AH......I am thinking that since the cart will be about 500 lbs lighter than it is now with LA batteries, that my ride time should be much better, and that the 14 packs may suffice. Anyway, didn't mean to jack your thread, thanks again for your help!
I don't think Quick Charge has a charger for 120v so you might have some more research to do.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO