lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2015, 11:06 AM   #1
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Default Slow cart, need help please!

My precedent will only run about 5-8 mph. Started out running fine is morning but after about 5 minutes of run time coming out of a stop sign intersection the cart would only run about 5-8 mph. In an effort to troubleshoot the issue, I put the cart in reverse and then let off the gas and the roll away brake kicked in and the warning roll away beeper kicked in as well. Is this a speed sensor? Hopefully its a cheap fix and not a controller problem. As always, thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!
Camogolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Slow cart, need help please!

One thing I learned a long time ago is. If you release the brake and don't push the go pedal while letting the cart roll down a hill using the roll away brake. This will trigger the controller to go into limp mode. This can be reset by turning the tow run switch to tow wait ten seconds then back to run. I first thought I had ruined my cart.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:22 AM   #3
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

Also.....not sure if it's relevant but about three days ago I just replaced my bad Solenoid with a big heavy duty version. Figured I would throw that out there in case it may be a factor/cause of the symptom mentioned above. Thanks again!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:53 PM   #4
Camogolfcart
Not Yet Wild

That worked.....thanks again!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:37 PM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You still may want to double check the connections you were working with. May have missed making sure one was tight.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car