lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
pogrelis97
Not Yet Wild

Default How to charge my cart?

So I cant get my 2002 Club Car DS to charge and I think it's because the battery's are too drained for the charger to kick on. they all read 7.9A on a voltmeter. What is the best way to bring them up to where I can charge them?
I have a 12v charger and 6/12v trickle charger but I'm not sure if I can use either of these?
I have a new DPI charger and when I plug it in it acts like it is charging, shuts off after 20-30sec, stays off for 20-30sec, comes back on for 20-30 sec, then shuts off and stays off.
Please help a newb out!
pogrelis97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to charge my cart?

Try this: clip the 12v charger on the weakest battery in the pack and crank it all the way up. Wait a few minutes and try the 48v charger. Once the DPI starts remove the 12v charger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 AM   #3
LouisC
Getting Wild

Default Re: How to charge my cart?

I believe youtube had something about getting 8 volt batteries back by charging each battery for 1/2 hour with a 12v charger....then plugging in your normal golf cart charger for 16 hours...
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car