lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #11
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing High Speed Magnet GE Motor

This may help.

I don't have pic with the motor end cap on but you can get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170619_185624.jpg (301.2 KB, 0 views)
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #12
_ogre
Golf Cart? oops 😉

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbhess View Post
OGRE- What was your before and after magnet speeds of your cart? Is yours a Precedent with the GE Motor?
cart is 03 ds, prior to the speed sensor failure 14 mph
after speed sensor failure 8 mph
after speed magnet and new sensor 19 mph
_ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:13 AM   #13
Clive1989
Not Yet Wild

You guys are all absolutely amazing thank you so much!
Clive1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:55 PM   #14
DanielMv720
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I had
the same issues, bought a speed sensor locally and ordered speed magnet from eBay (I think it's from. Site sponsor) and my cart still only goes 11mph (I have installed a lithium battery so I think I'm actually going 8mph but the weight reduction has me at 11). What else could be wrong?
DanielMv720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:00 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMv720 View Post
I had
the same issues, bought a speed sensor locally and ordered speed magnet from eBay (I think it's from. Site sponsor) and my cart still only goes 11mph (I have installed a lithium battery so I think I'm actually going 8mph but the weight reduction has me at 11). What else could be wrong?
What year and type cart do you have??
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #16
DanielMv720
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's a 2006 48v club car DS IQ
DanielMv720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:33 PM   #17
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielMv720 View Post
It's a 2006 48v club car DS IQ
How long has it been doing it? Since you bought it or did it just start one day?? Cause you sure do sound like you are in "Limp" mode.....

To check the speed sensor get a DVM; place the black (–) probe on the battery main pack Negative and place the red (+) probe on the green wire between the 3-pin connector and the motor speed sensor. Raise one rear wheel off ground. Slowly turn the rear wheel to rotate the motor armature. As the armature rotates, the voltage reading should alternate from 0vdc to approximately 4.85vdc. The voltage reading will fluctuate from zero to 4.85vdc and back to zero four times for each revolution of the motor armature. (The voltage reading of 4.85vdc is an approximate reading; the actual reading may vary from 4.50vdc to 5.00vdc). Replace the speed sensor if there is no voltage reading, voltage reading is not above 3.50vdc, or the voltage reading does not fluctuate as the motor is turned.

P.S. And if that was a $35 chinese knock-off speed sensor don't be surprised if that is your problem...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:31 PM   #18
Clive1989
Not Yet Wild

Hi guys,

Just thought i would post an update! I took the inner wheel cover lining off but left the wheel on. Took maybe an hour but eventually got the old magnet off (with a couple of scuffed knuckles)
The difference is noticeable almost immediately!
Thank you all again so much for your help! The paint can openers were a god send of an idea!!!
Clive1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 07:13 PM   #19
BryanA
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The 8 dots on the magnet need to be facing outward towards the sensor. Tap the magnet onto the shaft until it is flush. Don't knock it all the way down until it stops.
Old thread, I know but I am in the process of installing my magnet that I just received. The instructions that came with it state to install the magnet with the white dot toward the sensor. The post I quoted states to install with the 8 dots toward the sensor. On my magnet, the white dot is on the opposite side from the 8 dots. So which way does it go??
BryanA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #20
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanA View Post
Old thread, I know but I am in the process of installing my magnet that I just received. The instructions that came with it state to install the magnet with the white dot toward the sensor. The post I quoted states to install with the 8 dots toward the sensor. On my magnet, the white dot is on the opposite side from the 8 dots. So which way does it go??
I can't speak for other suppliers, but if you got the magnet from me, follow the directions that came with that particular magnet. The old GE magnets had the 8 dots facing the opposite way as the new ones do. Evidently, they've inverted the mold when they make them. They are now marked with a white dot to indicate the direction in which they need to be installed. The white dot needs to face outward towards the speed sensor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car