lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2018, 04:08 PM   #11
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 DS won't go

You didn't have any accidents like the armature slipped out of the housing during install did you?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #12
joshodonn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
You didn't have any accidents like the armature slipped out of the housing during install did you?
not that I am aware
joshodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #13
joshodonn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
OK. You are running a resistor right?
yes, I installed a new resistor and diode with the new solenoid
Old 08-27-2018, 04:28 PM   #14
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

OK. Sounds good to me. Since you got all that stuff from Scotty I'm sure he can work you through the rest.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:37 PM   #15
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Try this to verify the Potentiometer and Controller are working as they should.

Take the yellow wire off pin 3 on your controller and with the cart jacked up, in forward, and key on, check the voltage from pedal up to pedal down and it should go from 0vdc to 5+vdc gradually changing.

Next measure what the controller is putting out to the motor between the M- on the controller and the B-. The voltage should be about 48vdc (or pack voltage) when the pedal is pushed just enough to engage the solenoid and then decreasing to 0vdc when the pedal is pushed all the way to the floor. If it is erratic or drops a few volts then will not go any further OR jumps back to 48vdc, you have a blown resistor in the back side of the potentiometer or an issue with the controller.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #16
joshodonn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post

Take the yellow wire off pin 3 on your controller and with the cart jacked up, in forward, and key on, check the voltage from pedal up to pedal down and it should go from 0vdc to 5+vdc gradually changing.

Next measure what the controller is putting out to the motor between the M- on the controller and the B-. The voltage should be about 48vdc (or pack voltage) when the pedal is pushed just enough to engage the solenoid and then decreasing to 0vdc when the pedal is pushed all the way to the floor. If it is erratic or drops a few volts then will not go any further OR jumps back to 48vdc, you have a blown resistor in the back side of the potentiometer or an issue with the controller.
Thanks. I'll try that in a bit - just so I'm clear, am I checking the voltage on the disconnected yellow wire, or the voltage on the Pin 3 after yellow wire is removed?
Old 08-27-2018, 05:46 PM   #17
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Disconnect and tape the wires from the motor. On the motor check it you got continuity between A1 and A2. Also F1 and F2 . No continuity between them and the case. Also no continuity between the A and F terminals.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:01 PM   #18
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshodonn View Post
Thanks. I'll try that in a bit - just so I'm clear, am I checking the voltage on the disconnected yellow wire, or the voltage on the Pin 3 after yellow wire is removed?
Yellow wire.....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 PM   #19
joshodonn
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post

Ok I just did both of these tests - on the yellow wire, I did not measure any voltage change when going from pedal up to pedal down, it stayed at 0. I had my negative probe on the negative end of the battery pack, not sure where else it would go.

On the M- to B-, when pedal was up it was reading about 49.1, same as what I'm reading on 'cold' side of my solenoid when pedal is up, and then when pedal was slowly pushed to engage the solenoid it jumped up to full pack voltage but never decreased as pedal was slowly pushed down to floor.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Make sure the Controller is getting powered or no other tests are meaningful.

You should have +48v on terminal #1 of the Controller when You press the pedal, that should be the same wire that goes from the pedal to the solenoid small post positive activation.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car