lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #21
bobbycason
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Winch mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandyturbo View Post
No issues so far. I have only ran it out like 10 feet. Not the whole spool yet.
I gotcha. You may run into issues with the cable bunching up in the middle if/when you have to use more cable, just something to think about.
bobbycason is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #22
badandyturbo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycason View Post
I gotcha. You may run into issues with the cable bunching up in the middle if/when you have to use more cable, just something to think about.
I carry a long thick rope in the bag well that I would use to hook the winch to if needed. I hope I never have to use either.
badandyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:31 AM   #23
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

Roller fair lead bolted on pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181231_075334.jpg (375.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181231_075343.jpg (301.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20181231_075402.jpg (330.4 KB, 0 views)
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Here is my setup on my EZ-GO TXT. I have a Warne winch on the front and the back of my hunting cart. Separate marine 12V battery for the winch's and lights.

The front brush guard is from a site sponsor "Grizzly Metal Works". (So is the roof cage and rear bumper)

The winch will pull the cart out of any situation I've managed to get myself into. And yes.....a few times I've had to use both the front and rear winches to "rotate" the cart around immovable objects that had oozy mud around 'em.

Since those pics were taken I've swapped the front tires for knobbier and skinnier so the cart fits in between my F-150 wheel wells.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:14 PM   #25
coosa
Gone Wild

My carts are both TXT 36 volt carts, so this application may not apply directly to the OP, but maybe it will give someone else an idea of their options. There really isn't a lot of info easily available on how to mount a winch to a cart.

The first one had an EZGO lift kit and bumper on it when I bought it. I think it is a 5" lift. I decided it would be easy to fabricate a mount myself, and this is what it looks like:

All I did was take a piece of flat 1/4" steel and drill holes in it. I also had to cut a notch out to make it go around the steering mount. I used grade 8 bolts to attach everything and this winch has worked well for 5 years. It is great when pulling straight ahead, but I have to limit the weight if pulling up.

On the next cart I used a Jake's 6" lift and bought their winch bumper for mounting the winch. It looks like this:

As you can see, it moves the winch further out in front of the cart. It will pull ok straight ahead, but won't pull up at all unless I chain the bumper to the axle. That's a trick I have used to load a deer into the back. You can see the roller I installed behind the seat in order to pull backwards:

Maybe someone doing a search for mounting a winch will find this useful. After using both of them for several years, I much prefer the homemade mount. The Jake's mount does a lot of bouncing and isn't as strong either.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:15 PM   #26
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandyturbo View Post
No issues so far. I have only ran it out like 10 feet. Not the whole spool yet.
Run it out 20’. Guaranteed you will have issues. Turn it 90 Deg and it will work as it should.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #27
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Do all the 2500 winches from Harbor freight come with a wireless remote? I like the price, but I was looking for one with a regular switch.
70oldsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #28
MUDSLINGER250
Getting Wild

The only ones I've seen from harbor freight has the remote. I wanted the wired controller to but I think it comes with the 3500 lbs and up. I think northern tool has one that has the wired controller it wasnt much more maybe 60 or 70 bucks. Being an electrician working in industrial plants I have access to all kinds of start stop buttons and enclosures. I think I might make one just to have I can take out the remote box and use the buttons.
MUDSLINGER250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #29
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDSLINGER250 View Post
The only ones I've seen from harbor freight has the remote. I wanted the wired controller to but I think it comes with the 3500 lbs and up. I think northern tool has one that has the wired controller it wasnt much more maybe 60 or 70 bucks. Being an electrician working in industrial plants I have access to all kinds of start stop buttons and enclosures. I think I might make one just to have I can take out the remote box and use the buttons.
Harbor Freight has their 2500 winches on sale for $49.99 right now. Heading there tomorrow morning to grab one. I'll take a look, maybe I can get rid of the remote too and use a switch, thanks for the idea.
Old 12-31-2018, 05:10 PM   #30
70oldsracer
Gone Wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaEEc00c9SA
Looks simple enough.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO