lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2019, 08:22 AM   #1
york32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car DS sometimes won’t go

The cart is a 2000 DS 48volts. I’ve installed a D&D motor, wire kit, solenoid, and Alltrax controller, new US batteries, got rid of the OBC and got a new charger. 3 inch lift and 20” tires.
The cart has been running great for the most part! I discussed and taped a wire on the reverse buzzer so it wouldn’t sound. A day or so after I went from reverse to forward but didn’t get all the way into the forward position, cart didn’t move. I went from reverse to forward a few time and went it started it was extremely hard, kinda like a “clunk” sound. After that it done fine but sometimes after being in reverse, and backing up, when I go to forward the solenoid clicks but the cart doesn’t move. Put it in reverse and it backs up, back to forward and sometimes it go’s normally sometimes I repeat the process and it works.
The cart has the factory F&R switch and V-Glide.
Is this a switch problem or a need a MCOR problem? Sometimes I think I notice a little jumping whilst traveling but I can’t be sure
york32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car DS sometimes won’t go

The F&R is suspect. In a series drive system all the amperage to the motor goes through the F&R which is why it should be upgraded when installing a higher draw Motor and controller.
Often you can look at all the F&R terminals and see a color difference on the terminal that is getting hot, melting the plastic housing and compromising the contacts position.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:10 AM   #3
york32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply!! When I get home I’ll look it over for any signs of heat. It was on my list to replace, may have to do it quicker than I thought. I’ll let ya know what I find and thanks again
Old 09-16-2019, 08:23 AM   #4
york32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After looking at the FR I didn’t see visually see anything wrong. After the trip from the house to the shed, maybe 100 yards, it was warm to the touch. I’m going to replace it and see how it does
Old 10-20-2019, 01:26 PM   #5
york32
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

After a long trip with the cart I seen the FR switch smoking. I let it cool off and headed back to the truck.
I installed the new HD F&R switch but I’m getting the same problem. Goes in reverse fine but when I try to go forward it sometimes won’t move. When it does go in forward I sometimes get the violent clunk.

Where should I go next?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car