lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2020, 02:06 PM   #1
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New to us DS

My daughter wanted a 6 pax golf cart and she found this. AQ07. Drives great. Center row is very comfy and the dog and I will claim this when we ride with her.
I have 20 years of golf cart ownership but all EZGO's. So I have a couple of questions:
I can't see any evidence of frame cut or plug to indicate this cart was stretched with a kit. I think it is a factory built limo.
Assume it would benefit from an Alltrax or Navitas controller as it slows a lot up hills. I understand it's heavy but a little more torque would be nice. Has a black motor so not a GE I guess. Can't see a label.
The reverse buzzer is the only thing that doesn't work and I have to fix that. I understand it is located behind the dash where the key switch is? This one (dash) appears to be riveted in. Seems un Club Car like so I don't think the factory did this. If not rivet what is supposed to go there?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0496.jpg (756.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0494.jpg (265.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0497.jpg (342.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2020, 02:53 PM   #2
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New to us DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
.... Assume it would benefit from an Alltrax or Navitas controller as it slows a lot up hills. I understand it's heavy but a little more torque would be nice. Has a black motor so not a GE I guess. Can't see a label.
The reverse buzzer is the only thing that doesn't work and I have to fix that. I understand it is located behind the dash where the key switch is? This one (dash) appears to be riveted in. Seems un Club Car like so I don't think the factory did this. If not rivet what is supposed to go there?
Our 2003 would only do around 15-16 mph on flat and slow to 12-13 on a mild hill. After upgrading to an Alltrax (plus other required items) it will go 28 mph on flat and 25 up the mild hill. Ours has 10.3:1 gears so yours would be a few mph less. Not sure if the black motor is an AMD, mine is a blue GE and can only handle 400a, the AMD can handle 500a. Really like the Alltrax, it has a USB-B port you can connect to a PC and with the free utility access/fine tune/adjust everything you would need to. Our buzzer also didn't work and it is in the dash. I'm going to move it to the battery compartment and add a kill switch so I can still test with it. I think the rivet on the dash panel is a plastic push in rivet that can be pulled out to remove panel. I have an aftermarket full dash cover I will install that eliminates that panel. It gets screwed in all around the perimeter of the dash and has 4 cup holders in the middle so the side cup holders can be removed.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:05 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

There should be a screw with a cosmetic plastic cover on it. I would (carefully) drill that out and see what is going on inside there.

That is a very nice looking limo!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:49 PM   #4
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
There should be a screw with a cosmetic plastic cover on it. I would (carefully) drill that out and see what is going on inside there. ....
I think mine had plastic push pins.
After looking at it closer it looks like it should have screws in the top sides of the panel to hold it on.
Don't know what came OEM.
On kernal's it looks like someone just used a pop-rivet.
Agree, drill it out and replace with screws.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Kernal you say this is your first DS. I should mention the key switch wiring and terminals are very close to the aluminum frame under there. Unhook the batteries before you remove that panel.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:14 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Kernal you say this is your first DS. I should mention the key switch wiring and terminals are very close to the aluminum frame under there. Unhook the batteries before you remove that panel.
Thanks! Good call. I would have switched to "tow" but likely not have disconnected a battery.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car