lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
Kingnerd
Not Yet Wild

Default What did I just buy

Bought a club car with extra parts. One of the extra parts is a complete motor and axle assembly.
I think they where combining two carts. I believe the motor and axle assembly in the cart is from the other cart they had.

The cart that I bought appears to be a 1983 but has 5bc48jb764 model motor.

Also has a resistor coil system installed (no selonoids)

He gave me the serial number plate from the donor cart which says it was a 1993 cart

The extra axle and motor assembly (not installed) a Hitachi mt320-07 motor.

Also have some other parts not installed. For example a resistor coil system that does have the 5 selonoids.

My intention is to convert to solid state ,looking at the conversion kits from carts unlimited.

My questions, concerns

When looking at the options it asks about pre and post 87 about whether it has resistor coils or resistor coils and selonoids.

I think the motor that is installed in the cart is the 93axle and has the coils, v glide, and wiring from the 93 model also but want to confirm that.

And also want to confirm this is the best of the two motor/axle combination to use. I could certainly put the 83 motor/axle back in ( assuming what I suspect that the one not installed is the 83)

Sorry for the long question and thanks in advance for any opinions and advise

Added two pictures the black painted motor is what is installed in cart, the other rusty looking motor is what was included as an extra motor and axle
Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20201013_001919704.jpg (211.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20201013_003356657.jpg (222.8 KB, 0 views)
Kingnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2020, 09:41 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: What did I just buy

I think that motor on the left is older than 1993.

I have never seen a Hitachi motor in one of those carts. (See if the axles are the same)

i think almost all 1993 Club Cars were solid state to begin with.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:46 PM   #3
Kingnerd
Not Yet Wild

I'm thinking the Hitachi motor and axle are from the 1983 cart. Which is the serial number on the cart I bought. The donor cart serial number plate he gave me is 1993.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:11 PM   #4
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingnerd View Post
I'm thinking the Hitachi motor and axle are from the 1983 cart. Which is the serial number on the cart I bought. The donor cart serial number plate he gave me is 1993.
What do you mean he gave you the serial plate number off the donor cart?

Did you see the cart?

What makes you think anything on the cart you have came off of a 93?

Nothing you have shown or described looks or sounds like 1993 to me.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:17 PM   #5
Kingnerd
Not Yet Wild

The donor cart he had.. along with a bunch of parts. The aluminum serial number plate he also gave me. It is from a 1993 club car. The cart that was basically whole is a 1983.
If you look at the original post I put two pictures of two different motors. I'm thinking one is from a 1993 cart and the other is from a 1983 cart
Old 10-12-2020, 11:30 PM   #6
Kingnerd
Not Yet Wild

The serial number on the cart I bought is A8334xxxx
The serial number on the plate from the donor cart is D9312xxxx which actually I think is a 1993 4 passenger villager model with electronic controller. According to the chart I just found online.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:30 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I don't know what the Hitachi motor could have come from. The Club Car motor looks like an early 1980's vintage to me because of the placement of the studs. I have already told you it looks older. Why do you think the 1983 has 1993 components other than you have a serial plate off another cart? Read what I said about 1993 Club Cars. Did you match the rears as I asked?

I don't want to come across as rude but what somebody told you and handed you a serial number plate is of no use deciphering what you have.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:38 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

This is what I see. You have a 1983 Club Car with a period correct motor. The cart came from the factory with resistor coils and a 5 solenoid operating system. Follow the linkage from the throttle and see if it goes to an aluminum box.

The Hitachi motor, the plate, etc. have nothing to do with the cart you have.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:41 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20201013_003915727.jpg (156.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2020, 12:05 AM   #10
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

If that 1983 cart is gutted and you are upgrading to solid state it does not matter. Similarly, if it was a bit newer cart (1987?) the only thing salvageable would be the v Glide and only part of that. So your cart, whether a 1983 or a 2003 really makes little to no difference.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car