lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2021, 07:54 PM   #21
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Flooded cart , need a controller and what other parts?

Thanks guys , I had good luck today

All the wiring looked ok

Rear axle and rest of the has very little signs of rust

All the bolts came out , cart looks like a regular 2014 .

I have bought Yamaha's in the past where they were a few years old and the frames all rusted out, and everything rusted . The aluminum Club Precedent frame is in excellent condition, and nothing but surface rust on some bolts

I even checked the wires behind the dash and no signs of rust on the connectors

I stripped the whole cart down to the frame and battery box in alittle over a hour with air tools

The steering box, brake assembly all in great shape
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210107_162519.jpg (203.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210107_171658.jpg (211.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210107_174216.jpg (184.1 KB, 0 views)
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #22
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

More pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210107_174237.jpg (197.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2021-01-07 17.17.04.jpg (219.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210107_174222.jpg (204.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210107_174305.jpg (179.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210107_174513.jpg (175.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-07-2021, 08:41 PM   #23
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

You can't look at the OUTSIDE of any of that and make a determination of anything.

I have a flooded 2 year old Precedent in my shop right now that looks brand new and is junk.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:49 PM   #24
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I'm missing something , I can buy the whole OEM CLUB CAR 48V EXCEL ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, 1515-5201 OBC HARNESS TOW RUN , for $299 :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-OEM-CL...53.m1438.l2649

A used motor is $250 , but lets say $400.00
The whole harness new for the cart is $299, I'm trying to find one looks like the whole harness used is running around $75 for the whole cart

That covers the motor, controller, solenoid , wiring harness, and batts are less than $1,500 , I'll still be into it for about $1k less than I can buy a regular 2014 CP which will need batts

Even if the brake cables are bad and rear pads, I can get that whole assembly for $100 bucks

I see you have 12000 + post, so please tell me what I'm missing with your expertise ?

I look at these carts and there's not much to them , if I have a good foundation what am I missing?

Thank you for the help I appreciate it , I been in salt water fish tanks for 15+ years and am always helping the noobs getting into the hobby , and save them from thousands of dollars in expenses or killing fish and getting out of the hobby before they can even enjoy it
Old 01-07-2021, 08:59 PM   #25
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltekdiver View Post
I'm missing something , I can buy the whole OEM CLUB CAR 48V EXCEL ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, 1515-5201 OBC HARNESS TOW RUN , for $299 :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-OEM-CL...53.m1438.l2649

A used motor is $250 , but lets say $400.00
The whole harness new for the cart is $299, I'm trying to find one used just in case

That covers the motor, controller, solenoid , wiring harness, and batts are less than $1,500 , I'll still be into it for about $1k less than I can buy a regular 2014 CP which will need batts

Even if the brake cables are bad and rear pads, I can get that whole assembly for $100 bucks

I see you have 12000 + post, so please tell me what I'm missing with your expertise ?

I look at these carts and there's not much to them , if I have a good foundation what am I missing?

Thank you foe the help I appreciate it , I been in salt water fish tanks for 15+ years and am always helping the noobs getting into the hobby , and save them from thousands of dollars in expenses or killing fish and getting out of the hobby before they can even enjoy it
There is no hidden secret here about anything. I merely told you what you can expect from a flooded cart, especially salt water.

If you can get those working components at that price you are way ahead.

I have told you nothing trying to discourage you only what to expect when you do it. Best of luck with the project and I will be glad to help any way I can. I'm sure others will too.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:51 PM   #26
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Nobody is trying to start an argument with you here buddy. We are all here to enjoy the hobby

If you can find good used deals then great. But your first post suggested it just needs a controller and batteries and all should be well with the world. As long as you go into it knowing that most likely everything will need to be replaced then cool beans. We’re on the same page. But I would test and inspect everything. Replace what’s broken or damaged and make it right. Electric carts just tend to have a funny way of getting way more expensive than originally anticipated very quickly. I’ll personally be very surprised if you’re into it for less than 3k (minus upgrades) to make everything tight and right. But if you’re patient, know where to shop, and jump on some good deals then that number can come down very very quickly.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:10 PM   #27
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

No your right, I appreciate all the help and now am realizing It's more.
I took the advise on here, and didn't even fool with the motor, I'm trying to work out a deal on a motor / controller off a member selling one on here off a 2019 CP :
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=172051

I'll just resell the controller I just bought today off Ebay

The main harness someone suggested would probably be shot, which I just found out minutes ago when I started taking all the electrical connections apart , they fell apart in my hands , so now I'm looking for a used harness for the whole cart used

So your 100% right , my buddy changed out the controller and batts and that's all that was needed on that cart. Seems the one I just bought needs more, probably because it's been 2 years now and everything had time to corrode.

So I'm keeping an open mind, and love working on these carts, I do it as a hobby, ride them around then sell them and build another one. Some I've made a small profit on, and some I've lost money on, they needed more work than I anticipated .

Biggest lost was buying a stolen golf cart a few years back off Craigslist, I didn't know it was stolen, got a call from a detective from the police dept after buying the cart and had it about 2 weeks, started lifting it, and building it, only to get it picked up on a flat bed and go back to the insurance company. I ended up out close to $4k between the cart and the accessories I had on it.

So now after considering everyone's advise ,I'm looking for a used harness to change everything out wiring wise hoping to spend around $75.,, a used motor / controller off the 2019 he's asking $400 shipped, I sent him a PM, solenoid $50 and that should cover all the electrical except maybe a key switch and forward/ reverse switch if needed

I actually got scared today and listed it on Craigslist AS_IS flooded cart , but than after some thought I said even if I'm into it for $3k as you said with new batts, I can shoot the body myself paint wise, cover the seats, and still maybe make a small profit, hopefully this isn't a $3K mistake , but at this point I'm very optimistic

Thanks again for all the help , I've listened to everyone's advise, and upgraded the parts needed to make it right and will post pics as the build comes along
Old 01-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #28
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All I was trying to say is pull the motor and check. Don't assume it's ok from the outside. It may be, but you won't know until you look at it and test it. No one is saying don't rebuild it. I rebuilt a 2004 flooded CP and the only thing original is the chassis and rear end. Everything else was replaced new. I bought it for $250.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 12:35 PM   #29
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Wow that came out great ! love the color ! What kind of paint did you use, automotive acrylic ? I just started spraying my own bodies myself with a HVLP sprayer

I hooked up with the member on here, and bought the motor/ controller with speed code 4, solenoid, and wiring for the motor to batts and controller, harness all for $350.00 off a 2019 Club Car Tempo !

I'm meeting him begging next weekend

I also bought the whole assembly back plate , tow switch, main harness, solenoid off a 2018 club precedent for $125 shipped

This is coming right along, I'm so happy I didn't bail on it, and with the help of others I'm getting it back together with all most new parts !
Old 01-08-2021, 02:37 PM   #30
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Excellent! It'll be a nice cart for sure when you are done.
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car