lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2021, 09:34 PM   #1
hiperf2007
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Please guys. Need help 1987 ezgo running like crap

Story starts 2 years ago after coming out of storage. Cart wouldn't run unless I put fuel in the carb. Changed the fuel pump and all was good. Last fall now it my son would complain it wouldn't start. Sometimes it would go for days then suddenly nothing. Would crank forever. Put it away last fall and pulled it out after ordering a carburetor for it. Put the carb on and it ran good for a minute and then started coughing like it was getting too much fuel. Could even see fuel spitting out the air filter side. Ordered a 2nd carb figuring the $20 Amazon one was junk. Installed tonight and got the same thing. Ran good for a minute then started running like crap again. Have fuel building up in that over flow sight tube. What's going on here? I seriously don't know carburetors. I took the 2nd carb off and checked the float. It stops letting me blow through it when I raise the float up. I'm lost.
Please help. What do I try next?
hiperf2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2021, 10:08 PM   #2
Free Spirit
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Please guys. Need help 1987 ezgo running like crap

Might have better luck asking a moderator to move this question to the Gas EZGO section.
Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:37 PM   #3
hiperf2007
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Please guys. Need help 1987 ezgo running like crap

Whoops. How did I end up in the electric section. Sorry
hiperf2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO