lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
jdub
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default electric workhorse ???

Hello all!
I was wondering about the value of an electric workhorse. The guy is asking $1500 for it and the pics show it to be in excellent condition. He does not know the year model but says the man code is..A103. But lookin at the pics it looks like an older body style.....sloped down cowl, headlight bar under the cowling not in the cowling, and the flat steel wrapped around like a bumper.

I cant find much info on the electric models of the workhorse so shud I stay away from them or not? Do they require upgrading the motors and controllers for off road use like all the others?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice before I drive out to look at this thing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart.jpg (8.7 KB, 39 views)
jdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: electric workhorse ???

Looks like a nice '03 cart. Worth the money IF the batteries are in good shape...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
curly33333
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Man thats good condition for an 03. I would agree and say it is worth the money if the the batts. are good,the cart runs properly, and the charger is included.

I have the same cart but it doesn't look this good ... yet. Unlike this one most workhorses are bought to be used at commercial worksites and are very abused and in poor condition.

What do you plan on using the cart for?
General purpose, camping, yard work, light trail riding and such would be a great fit

Serious Off roading, dirt trails, mud bogging, hill climbing, towing, indutrial use, etc. is not suggested unless you dump some serious money into it.

The only difference's I can find between the workhorse 800 series and regular txt carts are the added leaf springs in the rear to compensate for the weight of the dump bed. I believe this cart is an 800 but you need to make sure. This is only my first post .
Here is the manual http://products.jacobsen.com/img/man...547-g01-gb.pdf. Hope this helps.

Ride it before you buy it. (Fathers famous motto)

Whairs da sphell Chech? U no Kajuns kant right! cher'
curly33333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
jdub
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys, thanks for the input! Talked to the owner again today and he said it runs out great, batteries hold charge well, etc. He also said it has 1000e on the"workhorse" decal. I'm assuming that means it's 1000lb capacity cart.

I'm hopeing this is a good candidate for what I need. I'm not planning on anything major, just some normal day to day use around the farm and woods. Toteing supplies around mending fences and maybe towing a 'very' light trailer around some. This one does look like it's fairly low profile so I would like to lift it some and go with a larger off road tire, but again nothing too major.......no mud boggin plans.

Since these carts are called "workehorse", does that mean that they have a stronger motor/controller than a standard cart? Or will I need to upgrade these components to accomodate any lift/tire addition???? And are accessories for these as easy to find as for a standard cart?
Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It's worth $1,500.00 if the batteries are bad, too!!! There were earlier 36 volt models, then they went to 48 volt. What do you have here?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
jdub
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Mike whats up? I stopped by your shop comin thru town and chatted with ya a few months ago. Hope business has been good. To answer yur ?, I'm not sure if it's 36 or 48Volt. I'm gonna go look at it in the morning and possibly buy it. Is one better than the other?
Old 10-30-2009, 04:06 AM   #7
curly33333
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

WORKHORSE® 1000 Longer wheelbase and Larger dump bed
WEIGHT (without batteries)........................................ ............. 374 kg
TIRES (4 ply rated) .................................................. ................ 18 x 8.50 x 8
TIRE PRESSURE.......................................... .......................... 120 - 150 kPa
CLEARANCE AT DIFFERENTIAL ........................................... 10.8 cm
LOAD CAPACITY (including operator, passenger,
cargo and accessories) ............................. 450 kg
LOAD BED............................................... ................................ Heavy duty bed and tailgate liners, optional electric lift
CHASSIS .................................................. ...............................Welded high yield strength tubular steel with powder coat paint
BODY & FINISH............................................ ........................... Front: Flexible, impact resistant panels. Color coat/clear coat finish
Rear: Lightweight, replaceable steel panels
SAFETY............................................ ....................................... Dash mounted key switch, reverse warning indicator, ‘deadman’
accelerator control, integral handgrip on hip restraints, manual forward/
reverse selector with ‘neutral’ and electric horn
LIGHTING PACKAGE .................................................. ............ Headlights, optional taillights, brake lights
STEERING WHEEL............................................. .................... Dual handgrips and pencil holder integrated with clipboard
BRAKES .................................................. ................................ Dual rear wheel, self-adjusting mechanical drum brakes. Automatic
park brake release with self-compensating system
FRONT SUSPENSION........................................ .................... Leaf springs with hydraulic shock absorbers
REAR SUSPENSION .................................................. ............ Leaf springs with hydraulic shock absorbers
STEERING .................................................. ............................Self-compensating single reduction rack and pinion
DASH PANEL............................................. .............................. Scuff resistant with four drink holders
SEATING........................................... ....................................... Formed fabric backed vinyl covers over cushion foam. Seating for
operator and one passenger
MOTOR............................................. ....................................... 36 volt DC high efficiency series wound, brazed armature, solid copper
windings. 1.5 kw at 2800 rpm and 2.2 kw at 2350 rpm
DRIVE TRAIN .................................................. ........................ Direct motor shaft connected to transaxle pinion shaft
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM............................................ ............... 36 volt DC, six, 6 volt deep cycle storage batteries
SPEED CONTROL .................................................. ................ Solid State continuously variable speed controller
TRANSAXLE .................................................. ......................... High efficiency differential with helical gears, 12.44:1 ratio
SPEED............................................. ........................................ 19 - 23 kph
CHARGER........................................... .................................... Refer to specifications of charger supplied with vehicle
curly33333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:32 AM   #8
jdub
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ok everyone......I bought the cart! It appears to have been well taken care of. Alot cleaner than I had expected but it ended up being a 2002 model, not an '03. Workhorse 1000 36volt. 1st thing I'd like to tackle is tires/wheels. Looks like it has a factory lift (so to speak) as it has a decent stance to it now, with 20-10-10 turf tires on silver wheels. Not sure if these are factory or not. Two of which are bald.

Not sure which way to go on the new tire/wheel size. A buddy has a brand new set of 22-11-8's black offset w/ mudbusters he'll sell me for 250 but i wasn't sure if I shud stay with 10" wheels or not, especially if I decide to lift it a few more inches. Plus I'm not real crazy about the mudbuster tire. The wheels on the cart now don't appear to be offset and it does rub a little while turning left only.

What do yall think? Will I need to upgrade the controller as well? Any other ideas for the machine?

Also I've been lookin around at some of the accessory dealers and I'm not seein alot of stuff for this particular workhorse. Mostly for the ST model. Lookin for stuff like brush gaurd, front basket, flares, etc. Anyone know of a supplier that carries a good selection for this model?

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:24 AM   #9
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Nice looking cart.. I just got a old gasser WH..
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:21 AM   #10
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
ok everyone......I bought the cart! It appears to have been well taken care of. Alot cleaner than I had expected but it ended up being a 2002 model, not an '03. Workhorse 1000 36volt. 1st thing I'd like to tackle is tires/wheels. Looks like it has a factory lift (so to speak) as it has a decent stance to it now, with 20-10-10 turf tires on silver wheels. Not sure if these are factory or not. Two of which are bald.

Not sure which way to go on the new tire/wheel size. A buddy has a brand new set of 22-11-8's black offset w/ mudbusters he'll sell me for 250 but i wasn't sure if I shud stay with 10" wheels or not, especially if I decide to lift it a few more inches. Plus I'm not real crazy about the mudbuster tire. The wheels on the cart now don't appear to be offset and it does rub a little while turning left only.

What do yall think? Will I need to upgrade the controller as well? Any other ideas for the machine?

Also I've been lookin around at some of the accessory dealers and I'm not seein alot of stuff for this particular workhorse. Mostly for the ST model. Lookin for stuff like brush gaurd, front basket, flares, etc. Anyone know of a supplier that carries a good selection for this model?

Thanks!
Those Workhorse parts are more specialized and mostly dealer items. Guess you'll have to stop back in and spend some money this time

20x10x10 tires were the standard turf tires back then from EZGO

STAY AWAY from any 8" rim or those cheap Mud Buster tires...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO