lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #1
swilliams
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Where do I start?

Introduced myself in the introduction forum, now I need advice. I bought the pictured TXT and want some advice on where I should start. The cart runs very well but is very rough. Obviously I think I'm going to strip the entire body off first because I'm going to ultimately put all new on. Should I look at the wiring etc first? Should I focus on springs, etc? Should I focus on wheels and tires? Or should I jump straight to body issues? Whats your advice? I'm in no hurry on this and don't need to drive it while I'm restoring it. Thanks!

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4230.jpg (59.3 KB, 20 views)
swilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Where do I start?

It's actually a Medalist, but a newer TXT body will fit on it.

Your question is best answered by yourself - What is your budget going to be? If it runs fine now, then why mess with the wiring?

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

I agree, start with what your budget is. Then get a plan of attack together. Figure out what you want the end result to actually be and work towards it. If you just start working on it you may run out of money or spend money unwisely on things you really dont 'need' and then lose interest in the project. Have a plan, know your budget and work towards it in the correct steps to eliminate over spending or duplicating steps. Most of all, have fun and post pics!
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
swilliams
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh it is? I feel a little silly now. Only had it a couple days and haven't chased down the serial number yet. Thanks, I was going on my brother-in-laws comment that it was a TXT. Everything I looked at looked like a TXT. With that being said, are all medalist and TXT parts interchangable? What isn't? Should I try strictly for Medalist parts? Can anyone tell me the exact differences between them? I'm completely new to this stuff, a woodworker by hobby who has never really had much to do with vehicles, but I'm getting excited to work on this.

Oh, and by the way, budget is not going to be an issue here. I'm figuring I'm going to spend about 5 grand and work really slowly on this.
swilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Medalist models use the same frame as the TXT. Only differences are the body, cowl, seat mounts and some suttle frame differences over the years of being improved. Nothing structural. Look for TXT parts. In fact, you can also use the ST cowl in this cart

Decide first what you want to end up with - Something lifted? Stock height? Rear seat? Torque? Speed?

Do the "Got to's" first, like batteries, steering, suspension, seating. Plus with it being a 1995, I'd be goping for a complete set of 4 gauge wires to start

Old 11-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

id get the motor top notch, do a tune up, new filters, plugs, belts etc.....then id go lift and tire combo then the body....my 2 cents though
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

BTW - I personally like the medalist body style If it is repairable and in good condition, I'd keep the body and just get it painted

Old 11-24-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
rib33024

Welcome To Bgw
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO