lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default controller help/info

I have a cart in here that needs a controller. He has added a custome lift with 27 inch tall 4 wheeler mud tires. It has a GE 1600/1800 rpm 8hp electric motor. His contorller failed due to a bad connection at the f-n-r board. His controller has no info on it whats so ever. the bottom plate is missing and you can see in the bottom of the controller. It is silver in color and the small ga wiring harness is made into the controller. He had to splice it to the factory harness. I have not seen a controller like this.

I am asking what controller does he need. I recommended ALLtrax to him, but they all say for factory motor. I am trying to get him to convert to 48V for better performance and less likely to blow stuff up. Would a 500 amp alltrax work for his app? Any help s greatly apprecialted.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: controller help/info

The motor & tire combo is extreme so the controller should be also. I say Alltrax 650 or for less $ Logisystem 700.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

He told me yesterday that he uses and abuses this cart so i want something that stays with his abuse. I will look into those units. thanks. any other suggestions.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

sell him a Rhino
Old 12-29-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What I tell people that go to those extreme's is that they will ALWAYS have some sort of issue. No question about it, big motor + big controller + big tires = BIG FIRE...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I don't know how you can warrantee this type of repair.... knowing that the equipment will be abused?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
jauguston
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Call Alltrax tech support for the correct answer.

Jim
jauguston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I talked to him and i told him to pick his controller. I am leaving that up to him. I told him i would install it and the warranty on parts is up to him. I also told him he could pay me for diag and 4 ga wire kit and he could install his own parts. I am trying to get him to agree to this so i dont have to worry about a fire like stated.

After a little bit of searching it looks like the controller in his cart is a logisystems unit. Except the signal wires are made to it so you have to splice the factory wires. Must have been some old tech stuff.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I finally got someone at alltrax to help me out. He said I needed a 500 amp controller with those 4ga. cables. If i went bigger to a 650 amp than i would need 2 ga wires. He also stated he would make teh cart 48 volts to help with the heat issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO