lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default clutch problem,NEED HELP FAST

G-16 1999 gas.All of a sudden I am going down the road and stop at a stop sign and when I press the gas to take off its chugging and jerking. I fold up the seat and it looks like the belt is super tight. I mean I cant even any flex on it when I press or pull on it.It seems like maybe the front or drive clutch isn't opening up all the way to allow the belt to ride higher in the back or driven clutch and be loose enough to let the the front clutch to spin and build up rpms and HP before engaging.Now for my question. WHAT DO I DO? I am going to buy some new grease for my grease gun at pump the erk full on the drive clutch cover but I do not know what causes this or how to prevent this or how to fix it. Thanks for any replies.
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: clutch problem,NEED HELP FAST

I would remove the dust cover from the clutch and inspect the moving parts. Something is broken or stuck. Do not over grease the clutch, 1 or 2 pumps is all it should have.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
kwh3rd
Getting Wild

Yamaha

will do I think its only 3 bolts or something. I rode pretty hard in the snow this winter so I figured that I might have gotten something in there.
kwh3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
breugel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
I would remove the dust cover from the clutch and inspect the moving parts. Something is broken or stuck. Do not over grease the clutch, 1 or 2 pumps is all it should have.
This

Mine did the same thing. A roller broke in half and the weight over extended and was stuck. See if all three weights are free. I made the mistake of running the clutch with out the dust cover and broke the weight off and the sheave.
breugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #5
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

I bet it has a flat roller, real common.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

i would also guess a weight is stuck/broken. take off the cover and see whats up, and post up a picture of it if you don't know whats wrong.
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha