lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
jbales
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Solenoid Troubleshooting

Ah man, now I'm curious if I should have even bought this thing. Bought it in Dec 08 and put new batteries in it, now this happens. Not looking like such a good deal anymore. I wasn't shopping for a cart when I bought this one so I didn't know what to look for. I have searched posts on here for "series" carts and see that some members have them and are happy with them after upgrading. I can't decide now whether to fix it and sell it for a newer non-series cart, or start upgrading!?!?!
jbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2010, 10:29 PM   #12
jbales
Not Yet Wild

So maybe I have what I want, I want a 70% part-time hunting wagon/30% neighborhood cart (because I already have a 4 wheeler too). This cart doesn't have a scratch on it, it was babied when I got it.

If I go ahead and invest in a high amp controller, heavy duty solenoid, F/R switch, and 4 gauge cable set, that should get this cart going better than new. Then when the pack gets a little older, I would be setup to convert to 48volts for even more punch right? I see that several are utilizing the stock motor, I'm guessing that an upgraded motor would be yet another performance increase.

Now to figure out if the controller really is bad, or if it is the motor. . .
jbales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #13
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbales View Post
Now to figure out if the controller really is bad
Any update?
turblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #14
dghii
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you gone through the troubleshooting procedures? My 96 had a similar problem you described (less feeling any heat around my controller box)..solenoid clicks but no run.

My problem ended up being a bad 4-pin connector under the cart between the controller and pedal box.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO