lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Default 6 Volt Batteries

I'm just doing some preliminary shopping for six 6 volt batteries. The Trojan 105's I now have are 2006 models and are starting to show their age. A cart shop suggested that I consider batteries made by US Battery. I've never previously heard of them. They'll sell all six for $425. The price sounds good but I don't know how they would compare to new Trojans.

The shop owner has not been around every time I've visited so I can't find any specs on them.

Anyone every heard of them? How would they compare on performance with Trojans?

Thanks

KIX
Kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 6 Volt Batteries

This should help:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...omparison.html

If the price is that good, I'd go for it, just take care of your batteries and they will last longer than you expect. Abuse them and you'll buy new ones every couple of years no matter what brand.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

wow, If they are selling the US2200 that cheap sign me up! I pay more than that for the ones we use at the shop (relabeled with the Interstate label of course) when I buy them 48 at a time wholesale.

Seriously, US battery makes a really good battery, technically the US2200 is better than the Trojan T-105. Interstate (until recently) bought these and had them relabeled as the Interstate Workaholic and in all the years we have been selling them, we have never had many issues with them.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #4
Russ/TN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check out the "Golf cart battery comparison" thread in the stickies at the top of the forum.
Russ/TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #5
Medrep
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Anyone have experience with the Costco batteries??
I see them for sale every time I shop there and always wonder if they are any good. I think they sell for around 75 bucks a piece.
Medrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
sunking
Gone Wild

Trojans use to be the premier golf cart battery. But since they were taken over by a private equity group a few years ago, they changed the design and cut corners to reduce production cost so they could look better to be sold again at a profit. Since then companies like US Battery have stepped up and taken their place.
sunking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try to catch the shop owner and find out the specs on them. KIX
Kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO