lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Since I have to replace my charging receptacle, which style is prefered?

Since I will have to replace my Charging receptacle- on my 89 marathon Cart, Which is a better receptacle> the sb50? or the / \ style?

In looking at the two styles of plugs, it seems as though the / \ style plug has a greater surface area to make contact and that might mean less heat build up?

I do have the timer charger ( Sb 50 connector) that came with the unit and I do have a lestronic 2 automatic charger with the / \ connector-
I could be wrong and often am wrong, but aren't most of the newer connections,
the / \ type? that has to be a reason for that?

thanks Chris
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Since I have to replace my charging receptacle, which style is prefered?

I wouldn't change over the style. The sb50 is a tried and true connector. I've replaced mine and had no problems. It fits in the rectangular hole..... no hassles....
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Since I have to replace my charging receptacle, which style is prefered?

E-Z-GO actually started out with the Crowfoot charger, then changed to the SB50 in the late 80's. There is absolutely nothing wrong with either, however, should your other half ever try to drive off with the charger plugged in, you may decide that the SB50 really was the better way to go since it will pluu apart much easier than those long blades on the crowfoot design........
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO