lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #1
LBlanks
Not Yet Wild

Default Buying First Cart - Is PDS Worth $100 Extra?

I'm in the process of buying a 2007 EZ GO cart and have two options. THey have a PDS model now or I can wait two weeks for a TXT model.
Now I don't know the difference between the two, so I'm really confused.

The PDS model is around $100 more than the TXT.... what advantages (other than faster speed) would I get from paying the extra $$ ?? Whats the difference between the two?

My use for the cart is just around my property.... so no real need to "go fast". My property is fairly level, so no real need to climb hills or rough terrain.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Larry
LBlanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Buying First Cart - Is PDS Worth $100 Extra?

YEs, Get the PDS. Put no chip in it for All-terrain torque. I know sooner or later you are gonna pull a trailer or load a rear seat or cargo box Seriously ~ They are both TXTs .... just different drive systems. PDS = push button Forward/ reverse switch versus a hard to push lever = worth a $100 right there.

Welcome to BGW
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
LBlanks
Not Yet Wild

Hi and thanks for the information and the welcome.... he also said it was a heavier duty set of factory batteries that come with the PDS, longer life he said. Is that possibly a true statement/claim?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree with SB on the choice between the 2 carts going with the pds; but am uncertain about a different set of batteries from the factory. They normally come with trojans, check number like T-105 or T-605 etc, as they have different run times etc. IMO think you will be pleased with pds system. Good Luck and enjoy!
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
LBlanks
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the information and education...

I ended up buying a very clean 2005 EZ GO PDS, folding back seat, extended roof and windshield for a very good price.

Only problem is, the batteries are 05's as well (probably the original Trojan T105's that came with the cart when it was new).

Since I only picked it up today, I don't know how long they'll keep a charge, but right now it seems to run fine. It apparently has the factory installed chip, so it goes fairly fast and has good torque in pullin up hills. I really don't need the high speed chip since I'm just using it around my property.

I've found a place that sells Trojan T105's for $90 each (I install). Is that a good price or should I be able to find a better one?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

Yes that is a good price on the T 105s, but 5 year old batteries are close to the end of there life, it depends on how they were maintained, they could last longer
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

You need to check your pack voltage to see the true condition of your batteries.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Any salesman for E-Z-GO that was worth talking to when I worked there knew that when installing a fleet of PDS carts at a club, you ALWAYS had them built with either T-125 or T-145 batteries. Golf courses are hard on carts so as a matter of practicality we always opted for the better batteries.

Yeah, $100 is a great price for upgrading to PDS.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:16 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Good info there Rabbit
... Price isn't everything in a battery. There are better / bigger batteries from Crown than that. Congrats on a good buy.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
There are better / bigger batteries from Crown than that. Congrats on a good buy.
I agree there are better and bigger BUT, the factory ONLY used Trojan batteries and since most fleets are financed through TFS, Golf course owners went with what the factory would install.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO