lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Default How to define motor lugs

I have a '96 EZGO series cart, 36V. Since I bought the cart used I don't know a lot about it. I think the motor is the original. There are 4 lugs or studs for cable connections on the motor. I have looked all over the motor for some designation of each of the lugs and can find nothing. The 4 lugs are located as follows: There are 2 lugs on what looks like the cover part of the motor....one towards the front of the cart and one towards the rear of the cart.
The other two lugs are on the main body of the cart......one towards the front and one towards the rear.
I've read on the forum that these lugs should be disignated as A1, A2, S1 and S2. How can I determine the "name" of each lug? Thanks KIX
Kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How to define motor lugs

Kix

Follow the link and look at the diagram which looks like your cart, hope this helps.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:35 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

gently clean the housing of the motor near each stud, there should be a letter and number stamped into the metal near the studs designating A1, A2,S1,S2
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Lost Husker.......based on the drawings in the link you sent the lugs on the cover are A1 and A2.......I guess.
Rabbit.........I swear there are no markings on the motor case.......and it's clean too.

I think i need to be certain and I'm not ........ yet
Old 08-31-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

this might help....the 2 towards the center (main body, steel, should be black)will be Field coils. (S1 and S2) The 2 on the end aluminum housing will be Armature. (A1 and A2)
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Sorry for the delay in replying.
Roady89.......are there any readings that I could take on the A1, A2, S1 and S2 that would determine for sure which lug is which??

KIX Thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #7
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kix View Post
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Roady89.......are there any readings that I could take on the A1, A2, S1 and S2 that would determine for sure which lug is which??

KIX Thanks
I told you what was what in my previous post.. (for a stock motor, other than 1 or 2. If it runs backwards swap the S's.)
All you can do is make sure the A's have continuity and the S's have continuity between themelves, not between an A and S....other than that nothing. All that will do is give you a pair. If you hook it up and it doesn't work either the motor is bad or something else in the wiring.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Kix

Follow the link and look at the diagram which looks like your cart, hope this helps.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
Don't any of the drawings in the provided link match with what you have?
Corn Flakes
Cheerios

Last edited by e-z-go1988; 09-02-2010 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: none
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #9
Kix
Not Yet Wild

OK.....thanks guys......got it now
KIX
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO