lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What did I break now ?

Went to get the trash cans down the road. Jumped in the cart, reversed and as I was slowing down to shift, I hear loud clunk. I can hear the motor spin. I stop and put in forward, goes forward a little, then motor just spins. Give it to me straight, I can take it Is it the axels or the gears ? am I screwed ? My wife and I pushed it back in the garage. Will jack it in the morning, but not sure if I should pull the wheels off or pull the rear end over off first. Something is stripped, busted or slipped out of something. I really don't want to pull the motor because it's a bitch.

any advise would be great as to where to start.

aloha
joe

ps. my cart must know something because I just towed in another cart to work on and must have wanted more attention.
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: What did I break now ?

Whats up Joe

Sounds like you striped the brake drum/hub where it slides on the axle, the axle and the hub are splined, this is normal for a ezgo

Jack the cart up put it on some jack stands, pull the rear tire off probably the passenger side so you can see the castle nut in the middle of the hub, have some one put there foot on the brake easy and press the go pedal EASY and see if the castle pins, and that should be your problem
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Get OEM hubs. Seeing more and more stripped imported hubs..... the metal just isn't as strong
Remember to re-torque the axle nut to 70-140 Ft Pounds....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks guys, will start there and see what kind of trouble I'm in.

aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

when torquing the castle nut, make sure you keep tightening it until the cotter pin will go in. DO NOT loosen the nut.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO