lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
lmw213
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 ezgo looses power when going up slight incline.

our 2004 ezgo golf cart looses power after it has been charged ,when going up a slight hill.. we have checked the batteries and have had someome look at it and they say it could be the inductive trottle sensor ? dont want to purchase till sure this is it? any sugestions?
lmw213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 ezgo looses power when going up slight incline.

How old are the batteries? Can you connect a voltmeter to the battery pack and tell us what the pack voltage is before, during, and 1 minute after, the hill climb? We have to eliminate the possibility of a weak power supply. Does the cart have a lever or toggle F&R.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
lmw213
Not Yet Wild

it is a toggle switch .. batteries tested good with load tester. and also with a hydrometer all batteries yested good,
Old 03-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

That sounds like a similar problem to a cart I worked on once, the throttle sensor needed to be readjusted. The sensor works by having a contact point going into the sensor, the further in, the more contact, and the more voltage. Is the cart actually losing charge or is it just moving slowly? If it is just moving slowly I can tell you how to get to the potentiameter/throttle sensor.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
lmw213
Not Yet Wild

it is just goes very slowly,, up hills ok on flats,,
Old 03-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

OK, this is what you need to do. it only takes about 15 mins. Remove the stainles steel rocker panels. ther is a hex nut underneath the each screw, so use a wrench to hold it while you unscrew. then remove the floormat, or just roll it away. directly behind the pedal near the bulkhead is a small black metal panel, that lifts off to get to a square plastic box with 4 screws. remove the screws, and take of the lid that they hold. it is on pretty tight, so use the screw driver to pry it of. you should then se a silver colored metal bar, with a thicker piece closer to the accelerator, with a micro switch. there should be a black plastic thin with what could be described as a tunnel throu it. make sure the cart is of, pust the accelerator. the metal piece should move into the tunnel. turn the metal piece in a counterclockwise direction to make it extend farther if it dosent go all the way through when you push the pedal. If you get stuck, show me some pictures. this should fix your acceleration problem.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

...or get a voltmeter and test the output at the controller?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
How old are the batteries? Can you connect a voltmeter to the battery pack and tell us what the pack voltage is before, during, and 1 minute after, the hill climb? We have to eliminate the possibility of a weak power supply. Does the cart have a lever or toggle F&R.
+1. You need to check pack voltage first as well as each battery individually.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 PM   #9
jaslar12002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I had the same problem with mine repalced bateries, controller, solonoid, throttle sensor and it ended up being the motor so by the time I was done I had a sweet ride but invested a lot of time check the temp of the motor after the slowing down. when I took my motor off had a lot of sooty residue put on spare so I could send it to PQ
jaslar12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:57 AM   #10
markelka
Not Yet Wild

All posts suggesting a battery or a motor are relavent. All others are chasing geese.
One weak battery in the chain of six can cause this exact problem. Make sure you are
using a good load tester and pay close attention to the weakest battery. Test after
running the incline until it will not go any longer. The bad bat should raise it's ugly
head. As for the motor. Disconnect neg bat terminal, along with S1 and A1 from motor.
Connect ohm meter X1000 scale across A1 and S1 studs. Move cart very slowly forward or back and watch needle on meter. If you see needle jump or move you are seeing a short between armature and field which will heat up motor and also heat up controller. If you ignor this problem you will destroy motor and controller. More than likely the motor armature is already toast. Good luck Kelly, 12 years experience w/EZGO
markelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO