lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
pogosmoke
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help trouleshooting a 2005 pds

My buddy has a 2005 36v pds drive ezgo. His batteries are about 6 yrs old but they were working fine and then all of a sudden this happened. He put it on the charger charged them up the gauge shows full charge. When he press the gas pedal it will go about one foot and stop dead. Same happens in reverse. We know the batteries are charged and it does this every time. I find it hard to believe the batteries worked one day and just quit the next. What should we look for?
pogosmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help trouleshooting a 2005 pds

Is the cart lifted with a back seat and/or big tires?

You'll need to check the batteries with a multimeter and post the numbers her to rule out bad batteries, they are more than likely at the end of their life if they are 6 years old. Fully charge them and then wait a hour or two for them to settle down and check/post the number for each, one of the experts here will tell you where they are.

Is the cart doing any kind of beeping from under the seat? PDS's will give you a series of beeps from the stock controller that will help you trouble shoot your problem.
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

PDS Diagnostic mode can be entered with the cart stopped key 'off' though 5 consecutive neutral > reverse selections. Then pause = about 2 seconds after the 5th selection the reverse buzzer will emit a series of beeps... like 3 & 2.
Report what your cart reports here.
To exit diagnostic mode turn the maintenance switch from run to tow and back again
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
dcalthetiger
Not Yet Wild

I am having problems with my 2005 and I tried to get the cart to give me a diagnostic reading but it never beeped. Should I try something else?
dcalthetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
dcalthetiger
Not Yet Wild

Im sorry my reverse buzzer is not working to begin with. Will have to try something else. My cart does not move. The batteries are 1 1/2 yrs old. They charge to around 40 volts. The cart makes a clicking noise at the solonoid but still does not budge.
dcalthetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I suggest you fix the reverse buzzer, then the controller will tell you where the problem is... likely somebody disconnected the 'annoying' reverse buzzer. It is located behind the key switch panel.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO